FAQs about Montreal Flights
Which airlines fly to Montreal?
Whether you're seeking stunning service or plenty of legroom on your flight to Montreal, you're sure to find what you're looking for. There are 33 quality carriers that offer flights to this city, including:
What airport is best to fly into Montreal?
- Air Canada
- Japan Transocean Air
There are two airports servicing Montreal. If you touch down at Montreal, QC Airport (YUL-Pierre Elliott Trudeau Intl.), you'll be 9 miles (15 kilometers) from the center of the city. An additional option is Montreal, QC Airport (YHU-St. Hubert), around 7 miles (11 kilometers) from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. Where to stay in Montreal
Whether you'd like to splurge on accommodations or you just want something to use as a base, you'll find what you're after in Montreal. With 590 properties on Travelocity, you'll have no problem catching those Zs after a long day of exciting adventures.
Lavish rooms, quality amenities and impeccable service are what you'll discover when you spend your nights at the Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel or the Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. The Auberge YWCA and the Casa Bella Hotel are some economical options if you'd rather spend your cash on activities and experiences.
Create fabulous new memories while you experience Notre Dame Basilica, Ville-Marie. This famous attraction is within walking distance from a variety of properties, including the Le Square Phillips Hotel And Suites and the Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel. So why not base yourself close by and discover why it's such a success? Places to visit in Montreal
Spending a night or so in Montreal and on the hunt for a couple of new places to pose for your selfies? Why not head on over to Notre Dame Basilica and Saint Joseph's Oratory? These world-famous attractions provide stunning backdrops!
So much to do and so little time. If you want to discover the best this city has to offer, add the Biosphere and Christ Church Cathedral to your travel schedule. If you get the chance, try to swing by Mount Royal Park and the Montreal Botanical Garden as well.
Consider spending a morning at a local landmark, Bonsecours Market. You'll have fun as you stroll past some fascinating stalls with locally made goods. Need some more ideas? Experience a day to remember at La Ronde Six Flags. From family-friendly fun to blood-pumping excitement, this place has something for the whole family. And that's not all. Visually devour the fine art at Museum of Contemporary Art, a well-known art museum to add to your cultural itinerary. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Montreal
Your adventure to Montreal begins as soon as you've completed the security checks. Here are some handy tips to make sure you get through quickly:
- Airport security staff will ask to see your passport and boarding pass as part of their checks. Have them in a convenient place, so they're ready for inspection.
- It's useful to know that belts with metal buckles can set off the body scanner's alarms. If you have one on, you may be told to take it off before continuing.
- Ensure your phone, laptop and other electronic devices are easily accessible. These items need to be sent through the X-ray machine in separate tubs.
- When it comes to traveling with liquids or gels, each passenger is allowed a quart-sized clear zip-lock bag to keep containers no bigger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- Safety boots and other heavy shoes are typically X-rayed by security personnel. It might be wise to wear simple sneakers instead.
- Some countries have strict biosecurity laws. Think about where you're headed to and whether or not you're permitted to travel with fresh fruit.