Where to stay in Fresno: Best areas for travelers
- Visalia: If you're the type of traveler who enjoys being near nature, base yourself here. Take a deep, long breath at Mooney Grove Park before retiring to your room at the Comfort Suites Visalia Convention Center. The Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center and the Americas Best Value Inn Visalia are other options in this sought-after area.
- Clovis: Kick back at the Best Western Clovis Cole, the Comfort Suites or the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fresno Clovis and enjoy all that this neighborhood has to offer. Get up early and start the morning at Old Town Clovis, head onwards to Wild Water Adventure Park after lunch and cap off a great day at Sierra Vista Mall.
- Madera: Get a little respite from the city's hustle and bustle at Lions Town and Country Park and Rotary Park. Really want to make things easy? Stay in the area. The La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Madera, the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Madera and the Knights Inn Madera are waiting to welcome you.
- Roosevelt: If you're looking for someplace to stay in this neighborhood, check out the Days Inn by Wyndham Fresno South and the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South. Whichever one you choose, you'll be well placed to venture out and discover the surrounding sights.
- Edison: Spend your vacation in this area and you'll have your pick of hotels, such as the Gables Motel, the Travelodge by Wyndham Fresno Convention Center Area and the Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center. If you're after something to do, pay a visit to Fresno Regional Sport Park.
Fresno flight + hotel packages
2021 Fresno vacations
Top Fresno hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Fresno
Fresno isn’t just acre after acre of rich farmland. It’s a sprawling city scape that is growing with each passing year. The restoration of downtown and surrounding neighborhoods has sparked a renewed interest in this Central Valley staple.
After you book your Fresno vacation package, find out what amazing sites the city has for you. Want to know what the Roman catacombs look like without traversing the Atlantic? Walk through the Forestiere Underground Gardens. Above ground, you can take in the impressive array of agriculture such as the citrus fruit trees and almond groves. Afterward, head over to the River Park Shopping Center and indulge in one of the area’s finest outdoor malls. With all the stores sprinkled throughout the plaza, you’ll be able to shop until you drop. As your day draws to a close, hit one of the dinner theaters located throughout the city for a side of entertainment with your steak.
Festivals and Events
The Big Fresno Fair is everything a fair is supposed to be: Colossal, outrageous, and fun. Spanning 10 days in October, the fifth-largest fair in the state features concerts, carnival rides, deep-fried everything, and horse racing. Want to leave town for a day or two? Find a car in Fresno and make the 60-mile drive north to Yosemite National Park for the Yosemite Festival in late June. Take in the stunning beauty of the valley while enjoying live music, food and wine pairings, and local art shows. Before departing, cover your bases by looking into Fresno hotel packages, as some might have day trips to Yosemite included.
Search Travelocity and let us help you find the best deals on hotels so your Fresno vacation doesn’t break the bank. Get going to the mecca of the Central Valley and enjoy its fine wine, fresh produce, and rustic ambience.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Fresno?
How long should my Fresno vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Fresno?
Why should I book my Fresno vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Fresno car rental if I combine it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Fresno?
Which airport is best for Fresno?
What is there to do in Fresno?
Where should I stay when visiting Fresno?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.