No one can deny that time spent in nature is good for the soul. If you're feeling a bit tired and frazzled, a quick visit to Green Mountain National Forest might be just what you need.
You'll be able to experience it in Rochester, 30 miles (48 kilometers) outside of the capital of the state, Montpelier.
Put down your bags and spend your nights at the 1 hotel within easy reach. The Blueberry Hill Inn is an easy 4 miles (6 kilometers) away from Green Mountain National Forest.
Other Things to Do Near Green Mountain National Forest
You've spent a while getting here, so we imagine Green Mountain National Forest isn't going to be your only stop. After you're done, be sure to check out what else the area has available:
- Feel the cold breeze against your face as you ski down the slopes of Middlebury College Snow Bowl Ski Area.
- Go for an expedition among the beauty of nature at Texas Falls Recreation Area, a well-known hiking trail.
- There's no need to let your exercise routine suffer just because you're away from home! Take advantage of Rikert Nordic Center, a local recreation center.
- Lace up your walking boots and head out to Robert Frost Wayside Trail. This popular scenic hike is a fantastic way to fully experience the glorious natural beauty of the area.
- If you are enthralled by the simplicity of nature, Branbury State Park is a spot you need to visit. Have a relaxing day and go for a picnic and hike in the fresh air.