You'll discover that history lives on when you visit Jim Thorpe Memorial.
Jim Thorpe, where it is, is 70 miles (113 kilometers) from the state capital, Harrisburg.
If you're a bit short on time, inquire about rooms at the Inn at Jim Thorpe. It's situated just 2 miles (3 kilometers) away from Jim Thorpe Memorial.
If you like to think of yourself as practical and no fuss, spend a night or two at the Hill Home Forge, a budget solution, only 2 miles (3 kilometers) away!
Are you in need of some respite from roaming around? Splendid food, and excellent service, makes Dean Anthony's (1122 North Street, Jim Thorpe) a worthwhile eating experience, only 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Jim Thorpe Memorial
After your time is done at Jim Thorpe Memorial, there are still more things to do in the region:
- Asa Packer Mansion Museum is an outstanding tourist attraction that's perfect for history enthusiasts.
- Get your tickets early if you want to see a concert at Mauch Chunk Opera House.
- Grasp a deeper sense of the spirit of the area by walking around Episcopal Parish of St. Mark and St. John, a local sanctuary.
- Some time spent at Mauch Chunk Museum is a wonderful way to learn about regional history away from the crowded tourist sites.
- While not the most popular or well-known museum, Old Jail Museum could still be worth checking out if you have a thirst for knowledge.