You won't regret adding Ocracoke Beach to your travel to-do list.
You can visit it in Ocracoke, 160 miles (257 kilometers) from the state capital, Raleigh.
Are you looking for somewhere to spend a night or two? There are no hotels close-at-hand, but you can select from a small collection farther out. The Burrus House Inn, 55 miles (89 kilometers) away, and the Comfort Inn South Oceanfront, 55 miles (89 kilometers) away, are a couple of choices that might work around your schedule. If not, 60 miles (97 kilometers) away is the Comfort Inn On the Ocean.
Other Things to Do Near Ocracoke Beach
Once you're finished with Ocracoke Beach, get set to experience all that the rest of the area has available:
- Bring the family to spend the day with the horses and colts at Travelocity. Observing these splendid animals up close will be a treat for everyone.
- From extraordinary dignitaries to unforgettable incidents, Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit houses exhibits that are worth your time.
- A cemetery might not be a must see site on most people's touring schedules, but you'll see that British Cemetery has a fascinating story to share about years gone by.
- Make time to enjoy a play and escape to another world at Deepwater Theater.
- History enthusiasts will be eager to visit Ocracoke Preservation Museum, where history comes to life to tell stories from the past.