Thinking about stopping into Hatteras Village Welcome Center?
It's located in Hatteras, 170 miles (274 kilometers) out of the state capital, Raleigh.
Reserving a room at the Breakwater Inn and Village Marina is almost like sleeping over at Hatteras Village Welcome Center itself, at least as far as convenience is concerned.
Once you've explored Hatteras Village Welcome Center, take a five-minute walk to Dancing Turtle Coffee Shop and enjoy a hot cup of coffee and the comfortable surrounds. If you'd rather eat a meal that's a bit more nourishing, Breakwater Restaurant is also close-at-hand. Tourists looking for a drink should swing by Island Perks Bistro Bar, another brief walk down the street.
Other Things to Do Near Hatteras Village Welcome Center
You can take full advantage of your vacation time by exploring the area's other attractions once you're finished with Hatteras Village Welcome Center:
- Become acquainted with the region's rich maritime heritage by heading to Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
- Educating yourself about the history of an area at Frisco Native American Museum will certainly help you to become more invested in the land and its citizens during your trip.
- Both the younger and older travelers will no doubt have a whole lot of fun when they take on the mini golf course at Frisco Mini Golf and Go Karts.
- Reading the specials board at Buxton Seafood is enough to waken your appetite. This great restaurant is a highly recommended spot for an evening meal.
- Cape Hatteras Lighthouse has steered many fishermen along the coast over the years and is a defining monument in the region.