Where to stay in Pittsburgh: Best areas for travelers
- Downtown Pittsburgh: Enjoy some of the best nightlife in Pittsburgh in this neighborhood. There's lots of after-dark fun to be had here! Kick things off at Byham Theater before heading over to O'Reilly Theater. You'll need a good night's sleep after a huge night out. Luckily, you'll be able to find it at the Embassy Suites By Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown, the Omni William Penn Hotel or the Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh.
- South Side: From fascinating attractions to popular local hot spots, there's tons to keep you busy in this area. Explore all that it has to offer from the comfort of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side or the HYATT house Pittsburgh-South Side.
- Cultural District: Many visitors like to use this neighborhood as a base to explore Benedum Center, Heinz Hall and Byham Theater. If you're also eager to stay here, check out the rooms at the Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Downtown, the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel or The Westin Pittsburgh, a Marriott Hotel. They'll have all you need for a quality night's rest.
- South Side Flats: In this area, the action doesn't stop when the sun goes down — it's only just getting started. When you've finished sightseeing for the day, make your way back to your room at the HYATT house Pittsburgh-South Side, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side or the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Southside Works. Slip on something fancier, then hit up happening nightspots such as Rex Theater.
- Washington: One of the great advantages to being based in this neighborhood is that there's loads to keep you occupied. Map out a route and spend a day discovering fascinating attractions like Meadows Racetrack and Casino, Tanger Outlet Center and Washington Winery. When you've finished seeing the sights, rest your weary feet at The George Washington Hotel, the Ramada by Wyndham Washington or the Days Inn by Wyndham Washington Pennsylvania.
Pittsburgh flight + hotel packages
2021 Pittsburgh vacations
Top Pittsburgh hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Pittsburgh
Cement walls rise up, encircling you in the long, stout gray tube of the Fort Pitt Tunnel. There’s light at the end of it, light that draws steadily nearer as you accelerate slightly. The tunnel abruptly opens, revealing the towering skyscrapers and swift-moving life of a busy metropolis. It’s rather like being reborn, or emerging from darkness into a world filled with light. Congratulations, traveler: You purchased a vacation package in Pittsburgh, PA and you’ve finally arrived.
Of course, the Fort Pitt Tunnel isn’t the only way to get into the city, though it may be among the most memorable. It also provides a striking introduction to this Pennsylvanian gem, and a visual image that will stick with you long after your getaway has ended. So ready your camera and your sense of wonder—Travelocity’s vacations in Pittsburgh will require both.
The name “Pittsburgh” is entwined with that of Carnegie, and for good reason. The famed industrialist and later philanthropist established the Carnegie Steel Company right here in Pittsburgh, earning it the nickname of “Steel City.” Carnegie later sold his firm, and used the proceeds from its sale to form museums and performance venues across the Eastern Seaboard. Among these jewels are the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, four establishments that you absolutely must explore upon arriving in the city. Take in artistic genius at the Andy Warhol Museum, then broaden your creative horizons at the Carnegie Museum of Art. There’s also the Museum of Natural History and the Carnegie Science Center just waiting for you to set foot in them.
Yes, this is a city of steel and cement, but tucked amid the magnificent skyscrapers and thoroughfares are gardens and quiet green spaces that are perfect for a day of reflection. One such space is the Phipps Conservatory, a sprawling sanctuary in Schenley Park. Since its founding at the end of the 19th century, its rooms and gardens have provided both education and places of great beauty for residents and visitors alike to enjoy.
Book Vacation Packages in Pittsburgh
A large city like Pittsburgh has any number of accommodations in which to take up residence, but we’ve curated some favorites we’d like to suggest:
Things to Do in Pittsburgh
A cheap vacation in Pittsburgh leaves you with plenty of funding to spend on seeing the city and its surrounding area. Learn more about the city and its centuries-long history at the Senator John Heinz History Center, then leap into the heart of downtown at Market Square. Here’s where you’ll find some of the best restaurants and bars in the city, along with countless cafes. Searching for solitude? Take a seat—you’ll find plenty of tables—and watch the city’s people throng around you. From there, explore the rest of downtown and seek out souvenirs from boutiques, flagship stores, and vendors.
Trust Travelocity to help you secure the best Pittsburgh package deals without putting a terrible strain on your finances. For years, we’ve connected travelers like you with the getaway they’ve been searching for.
Tours and Activities in Pittsburgh
Every now and then, getaway experiences can be so extraordinary that they utterly bowl us over. They become precious moments to relive for a long time to come. Are you ready to create some outstanding new memories?
If you're on your way to Pittsburgh, now's the perfect time to try out something different. Why not start by purchasing a Dining at Hard Rock Cafe Pittsburgh with Priority Seating?
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Pittsburgh?
How long should my Pittsburgh vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Pittsburgh?
Why should I book my Pittsburgh vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Can I save on my Pittsburgh car rental if I book it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Pittsburgh?
Which airport is best for Pittsburgh?
What is there to do in Pittsburgh?
Where should I stay when visiting Pittsburgh?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.