Where to stay in Portsmouth: Best areas for travelers
- Hampton: Enjoy a relaxing seaside escape in this neighborhood. Check out the Hampton Village Inn, the Best Western Plus The Inn at Hampton or the Emerald Isle Motel. You'll be within easy reach of Hampton Beach when you base yourself at any of these.
- Rye: Some visit this neighborhood for the afternoon, some stay for the week. For a great night's rest, look no further than the June and August Availability Steps From Private Rye Beach!, The Rosewood Inn at Rye and the Gorgeous Ocean Views. When it's time to explore the neighborhood, be sure to stop by Wallis Sands State Beach, Odiorne Point State Park and Rye Harbor State Park.
- Seabrook: Spend your escape in this part of the city and you'll have some big attractions to add to your itinerary. Seabrook Beach is just the start. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seabrook, the Best Western Hampshire Inn and the Seabrook Inn are all good options for discovering what this neighborhood offers.
- Dover: Plenty of eager sightseers prefer staying in this area because it's packed with things to do. Your itinerary will be busy with top attractions like The Children's Museum of New Hampshire, Bellamy River Wildlife Management Area and Dover Bowl Family Fun Center. Where should you relax after all that fun? The Garrison Hotel & Suites Dover-Durham, Ascend Hotel Collection, the Days Inn by Wyndham Dover and the Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover are some convenient options.
- New Castle: Boasting its own special character and charm, this neighborhood a great choice for a city stay. Spend your days exploring the popular local haunts and your evenings kicking back someplace convenient like the Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa or the Newly Renovated Home With AC.
Portsmouth flight + hotel packages
Top Portsmouth hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Portsmouth
If you're thinking about heading off for a charming New England getaway this year, it's worth looking into vacation packages in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. It's a small city that sits by the mouth of the Piscataqua River right on the border of Maine. Settled in 1623, it is one of the nation's oldest cities, replete with colonial charm and beauty. It's frequently touted as one of the best places to live in the United States, and you'll find there is plenty to see and do here, from the old historic Portsmouth hotels to the delicious dining options scattered around town. Be sure to book one of Travelocity's Portsmouth package deals to take advantage of big savings.
Top Attractions in Portsmouth
Look into deals on Portsmouth rental cars because you'll want to have the freedom to get around town and explore on your own. You can tour the USS Albacore, a retired U.S. Navy submarine, and then visit the 18th century garden and beautiful old furniture at the Moffatt-Ladd House, the home of William Whipple. Strawbery Banke Museum is another big attraction—it gives you a feeling for what life in Portsmouth was like back in the 1600s. If you want to get your sea legs in shape, look for Portsmouth vacation packages with hotels near the shore. You can even take a whale-watching cruise while you're here.
Festivals and Events
During the summer you can find a whole host of events at the Prescott Park Arts Festival. Many outdoor concerts and other kinds of entertainment take place in a beautiful setting on the waterfront. Around Christmas you can view the Portsmouth Christmas Tree Lighting and Illuminated Holiday Parade, and enjoy other holiday activities like the annual Candlelight Stroll. Art 'Round Town is also a great monthly event where you can go on a gallery walk through the city to check out some of the local fine art. Book your travel through Travelocity to save money! You can search over 400 airlines and more than 510,000 hotels worldwide.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Portsmouth?
How long should my Portsmouth vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Portsmouth?
Why should I book my Portsmouth vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Can I save on my Portsmouth car rental if I bundle it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Portsmouth?
Which airport is best for Portsmouth?
What is there to do in Portsmouth?
Where should I stay when visiting Portsmouth?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.