Where to stay in Richmond: Best areas for travelers
- Downtown Richmond: Don't waste time on public transportation and rushing around the city. This area is full of attractions, from Virginia State Capitol to White House of the Confederacy. Put your feet up at The Commonwealth, The Berkeley Hotel or the Omni Richmond Hotel when you've finished exploring.
- Petersburg: Get into vacation mode before you leave home by researching all the terrific things to see here. Fort Lee, U.S. Army Quartermaster Museum and Pamplin Historical Park are just the start. Then, work out which hotel suits your travel plans. The Travel Inn Petersburg Fort Lee, the Motel 6 Fort Lee Petersburg, VA and the Best Inn are our recommendations.
- Glen Allen: Planning a family vacation can be tricky — but this neighborhood makes it easier. Check the gang in to the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Richmond North/Glen Allen, the Courtyard by Marriott Richmond North or the Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center. Once the kids are awake and ready for some fun, bring them to The Crossings Golf Club and Cobblestones Park.
- Clover Hill: This area is bursting with things to see. To start with, pay a visit to Uptown Alley, Southside Speedway and Mid-Lothian Mines Park. Want to take your time seeing the sights? Stay in the area at the Hampton Inn Richmond-SW Hull Street, the Super 8 by Wyndham Midlothian/Richmond Area or the Royal Inn Motel.
Richmond flight + hotel packages
2021 Richmond vacations
Top Richmond hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Richmond
With quaint streets bustling with businesspeople and college students, as well as the natural beauty of the East Coast, there’s no better way to use your well-deserved vacation time than by booking vacation packages in Richmond. That way, you’ll be able to experience the allure of Virginia and the fast-paced culture of Richmond without worrying about your accommodation and flights. Because here at Travelocity, we have all your travel needs covered, so that you can focus on mapping out your East Coast travel itinerary.
Top Hotels in Richmond
You’ve already chosen to enjoy a Richmond vacation, so why settle for anything less than the best during your stay? After action-packed days spent popping into local cafes and traipsing through the city, there’ll be nothing more soothing than settling into a hotel room with all the luxurious amenities you crave in Richmond. Whether you’re looking to gaze out over the James River, or stay within close proximity to the airport, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for on Travelocity.
- The Berkeley Hotel: Located within walking distance of Richmond Main Street, The Berkeley Hotel is an upscale and convenient accommodation solution. With a decadent restaurant, The Dining Room, and sophisticated and spacious guest rooms, you might be tempted to stay boarded up in your suite.
- The Westin Richmond: Looking to stay near the University of Richmond? The Westin is located just three miles north of the school, and also sits in close proximity to scenic Bryan Park. At the accommodation, guests will delight in modern rooms with sumptuous views of the city that would make any local beam with pride.
- Hyatt Place Richmond Airport: In the travel world, convenience is king. There’s nothing simpler than arriving at the Richmond International Airport and traveling four miles to the Hyatt Place Richmond Airport hotel. Unpack and unwind in your room before utilizing the 24-hour fitness center and indoor pool, because even though you’re on vacation, there are some routines you like to keep on deck.
- Omni Richmond Hotel: Keep up with the city in the heart of downtown at the Omni Richmond. Boasting sleek interior design, spacious meeting rooms, and three separate restaurants, the Omni is sure to provide stylish travelers with the ideal place to lay their heads at night.
Begin your trip to Richmond by learning about America’s roots. The American Civil War Museum provides detailed exhibits about the conflict that literally tore a nation apart, while the modern day Virginia Capitol Building sheds light into the contemporary workings of American politics. For literary lovers, the Edgar Allen Poe Museum commemorates the famed writer’s life in Richmond, Virginia, as well as some of Poe’s original writings, personal belongings, and memorabilia.
For a more well-rounded look into River City, head to the Science Museum of Virginia to marvel at everything from the workings of the human body to the composition of the cosmos. Travelers looking to enjoy a family vacation in Richmond will revel in bringing their little ones to the Children’s Museum of Richmond, which offers hands-on attractions and enlightening exhibits for children of all ages.
Festivals and Events
As you proceed to plan your vacation in Richmond, you should be aware of the numerous events that take place in the city annually. Have a passion for all things delicious? Plan your trip to Richmond to coincide with the Broad Appetit Food Festival that occurs each June. Local restaurants take to the streets to serve up their best fare for cheap prices, and patrons can also expect live music and art for sale as they tour Richmond’s culinary scene. Additionally, the annual Richmond International Dragon Boat Festival is a surefire way to see the spirit of the city in action each August. Forty-foot canoes are decorated with dragon heads and tails and then paddled by teams of 20 down a river as spectators from all over the world cheer on.
There’s no reason to delay your trip to Virginia. With a variety of Richmond package deals available through Travelocity and the promise of touring America’s historic roots, booking your travel plans is as simple as entering your preferred dates and selecting the accommodation that best suits your needs. Before you know it, you’ll be using the money you saved to buy a black coat—to pay tribute to former Richmond resident, Edgar Allen Poe, of course.
Tours and Activities in Richmond
Occasionally, getaway experiences can be so amazing that they totally blow us away. They become precious moments to recount for a long time to come. Are you prepared to make some unforgettable new memories?
So you've jam packed your Richmond itinerary with a number of fun adventures — that's awesome! If you're searching for just a couple more ideas, check out our suggestions:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Richmond?
How long should my Richmond vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Richmond?
Why should I book my Richmond vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Richmond car rental if I bundle it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Richmond?
Which airport is best for Richmond?
What is there to do in Richmond?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.