Where to stay in Sacramento: Best areas for travelers
- Central Sacramento: California State Railroad Museum is just one of the reasons travelers choose this end of town. From attractions to culture and more, this neighborhood is one of the best places to really get a feel for Sacramento. Book a room at the Historic Highwater Bungalow in the Heart of Midtown Sacramento, the Roy Inn & Suites – Sacramento Midtown or the Roy Inn & Suites. Then, venture out and discover what else this buzzing area offers.
- Nevada City: If you can't get enough of sightseeing, this is the vacation destination for you. Well-known attractions like Nevada Theatre, Tahoe National Forest Headquarters and Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum are ready to be explored. Add to that cozy places such as the Broad Street Inn, the Northern Queen Inn and the Outside Inn — what more do you need?
- Downtown Sacramento: There are countless reasons to stay here, but one of the biggest has to be California State Capitol. Set up digs at the Best Western Plus Sutter House, The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection or the Kimpton Sawyer Hotel and you can tour this awesome attraction whenever it suits.
- Southeastern Sacramento: Basing yourself at The Greens Hotel - Stockton Blvd, the Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento - University Area or the Good Nite Inn Sacramento will put you within easy reach of some of the city's best nightlife attractions. Get dressed up and check out Colonial Theatre, a popular after-dark hangout in this neighborhood.
- Roseville: If you're in the mood to hang out with Mother Nature, this is the perfect place to be. Enjoy a little downtime at Maidu Regional Park then soak up the scenery at Marco Dog Park. Wondering where to spend your evenings in this part of the world? We recommend the Heritage Inn Express Roseville, the Best Western Roseville Inn and the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Roseville.
Sacramento flight + hotel packages
2021 Sacramento vacations
Top Sacramento hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Sacramento
Put on your marching shoes, traveler, and prepare to ramble along cobblestone streets in timeless Sacramento, one of California’s oldest and most fabled cities. Beyond the Spanish missions and the fabled Gold Rush is the fascinating background of the place itself; did you know that after repeated flooding in the 1800s, one neighborhood literally raised itself from the water, lifting its buildings 9 feet above the previous level? Come see “The Indomitable City” for yourself with a Sacramento vacation package.
Explore the City of Trees
The city’s temperate climate means you can enjoy trips to Sacramento year-round. Catch a glimpse of California’s government in action on a free tour of the State Capitol, and followed by a leisurely stroll amid the rose and cactus gardens. If you’re ready to succumb to the lure of California’s great outdoors, consider renting a bike and roaming along the American River Bike Trail. It runs past Sutter’s Landing Park and the Guy West Bridge, a miniature Golden Gate Bridge that looks just as spectacular in the setting sun. There’s no shortage of adventure to be found on your Sacramento vacation; no matter what season you visit during, you’ll be able to enjoy the vast beauty of the outdoors.
Hotels in Sacramento
With rolling rivers, incredible cuisine, and ample amounts of culture, there’s something here for everyone, whether you’re on a family vacation in Sacramento or visiting town on a solo escape. Need help choosing a place to stay? Here are four of the city’s most popular hotels.
- Delta King Hotel: Why stay near the river when you can stay right on it? This restored riverboat hotel docked in Old Town Sacramento is right near the California State Railroad Museum, and features two professional theaters and an on-site wine school. The Delta King is also a short walk from the city’s downtown district, making it easy for you to explore some celebrated sights before stepping back aboard your hotel.
- Hyatt Regency Sacramento: Thrill your taste buds with Northern California’s finest fare at this hotel, which is adjacent to the convention center and the Capitol. If you love seafood and steak, take a seat at the highly acclaimed Dawson’s Steakhouse, or swing by Vine’s Cafe for a more health-conscious meal. Either way, when you get back from seeing Sacramento’s sights, take your pick of restaurants before relaxing by the heated outdoor pool.
- Vagabond Inn Executive Old Town: This hotel is located within walking distance of the Capitol, broadening your sightseeing opportunities. Learn about the Gold Rush in Sacramento’s Historic District, or work up an appetite at Sutter’s Fort. When you’re ready to sample regional cuisine or get some retail therapy, head for Downtown Plaza.
- Good Nite Inn Sacramento: This venue is particularly well-suited to exploring the area, as it’s located near a number of popular sights. Hike through the trails of Discovery Park and American River Parkway, then rest easy at this East Sacramento accommodation. Take a tour of the palatial Governor’s mansion, or follow the river north to the mighty Folsom Lake.
Live the Farm-to-Fork Life
When it comes to food in this capital city, produce is second to none. Residents take their fruits and veggies very seriously. Witness the locals’ appreciation for agriculture when you attend festivals honoring avocados, bananas, and tomatoes. Here you’ll bite into the freshest fruit you’ve ever tasted before sampling the latest vintages from local wineries. If you’re visiting in February, rent a car and drive to Capay Valley for the world’s largest and oldest almond festival. Thinking about a vacation in Sacramento during the summer? Don’t miss the state fair, attended by more than 1 million people each year.
Say Hello to Sacramento
Are you ready to experience the magic that awaits you in California’s capital? Travelocity’s Sacramento package deals make it easier than ever to book a vacation to this city at any time of year. And by bundling your hotel and flight, you’ll save hundreds of dollars and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with arranging everything in one place. Find the perfect package today, and you might catch yourself exclaiming California’s state motto: Eureka!
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Sacramento?
How long should my Sacramento vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Sacramento?
Why should I book my Sacramento vacation package with Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Sacramento car rental if I combine it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Sacramento?
Which airport is best for Sacramento?
What is there to do in Sacramento?
Where should I stay when visiting Sacramento?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.