Find & compare beach hotels in San Luis Obispo, CA from $65
Top San Luis Obispo Beach Resorts & Hotels
More Beachfront Hotels in San Luis Obispo
- Bayfront Inn at the Waterfront1150 Embarcadero, Morro Bay, CA
The price is $95 per night from Jan 31 to Feb 14.9/5Exceptional! (8 reviews)
- Comfort Inn Downtown - Morro Bay590 Morro Ave, Morro Bay, CA
The price is $80 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 214.6/5Exceptional! (8 reviews)
- The Landing at Morro Bay780 Market Ave, Morro Bay, CA
The price is $99 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 214.5/5Wonderful! (13 reviews)
- 456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites456 Embarcadero Blvd, Morro Bay, CA
The price is $99 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 214.4/5Wonderful! (17 reviews)
- Ascot Suites260 Morro Bay Blvd, Morro Bay, CA
The price is $99 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 213.6/5Good! (12 reviews)
- Back Bay Inn1391 Second Street, Baywood Park, Los Osos, CAGet Rates
Beach Condos in San Luis Obispo
- Pacific Plaza Hotel444 Pier Avenue, Oceano, CA
The price is $65 per night from Jan 21 to Jan 224.3/5Excellent! (8 reviews)
- SLO Brew Lofts738 Higuera, San Luis Obispo, CAGet Rates
- High-End Oceanview Suite at Pismo Beach - Walk to Restaurant RowPismo Beach, CAGet Rates
- Just steps off the beach 1 bedroom, 1 bath condoPismo Beach, CAGet Rates
- Just steps off the beach upper level 1 bedroom condoPismo Beach, CAGet Rates
- Condo On the SandPismo Beach, CAGet Rates
Beach Villas in San Luis Obispo
- Stunning Luxury Ranch Pool, Tennis, Wine Country, Hiking, Incredible ViewsPaso Robles, CA
The price is $499 per night from Jan 24 to Jan 25
- Granada by AvantStay | Sleeps 22 Secluded Estate w/ Vineyard Views & Pool920 Camino Vina, Paso Robles, CAGet Rates
- NEW! Luxury Private Spring Creek Villa, Wineries, Beaches, Oaks, Hot Tub, Peace!Templeton, CAGet Rates
- Worldmark Pismo Beach - Extra HolidaysOcean View Ave, 100, Pismo Beach, CAGet Rates
- 634 La Tapadera Ln 5 Bedroom Villa634 La Tapadera Ln, Nipomo, CAGet Rates
- Stunning Vineyard VillaPaso Robles, CA
The price is $599 per night from Jan 24 to Jan 25
San Luis Obispo Beach Hotel Guide
Zooming in, you frame the furry face in the center of your smartphone’s screen. You never knew about elephant seals before today, and now you’ll never forget them. With their goofy grins and prominent probosces, the pups and their parents scattered on this beach resemble characters straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. You tap the shutter button just in time to capture the creature’s yawn and share your photo. San Luis Obispo is already shaping up to be your dream vacation…
When you book a stay at one of the San Luis Obispo hotels on the beach, you can have an up-close experience with an elephant seal, or engage in any number of other outdoor activities. But before you chart a course for California, here are answers to some commonly asked questions.
What are some fun activities to do by the beach in San Luis Obispo County?
There’s no end to the adventures you can have by the shores of San Luis Obispo:
- Explore the dunes: Home to the most extensive coastal sand dunes in all of California, SLO is an excellent escape for campers, surfers, and off-road enthusiasts.
- Go zip lining: Experts and novices alike can soar through the sky at Vista Lago Adventure Park, a world-class rope course that’s just a short drive from San Luis Obispo.
- Hit the waves: Pismo Beach and Morro Bay are some of the state’s most famous surf spots, though many locals prefer to hang 10 at Montana de Oro State Park.
- Hiking: With more than 30 miles of trails for hikers of all levels, the peaks here offer unparalleled panoramas of San Luis Obispo.
- Mountain biking: Pedal your way along the coast and past inland wineries on some of the most breathtaking bike trails on the West Coast.
Where are the best beaches to visit near San Luis Obispo?
California is famous for its beaches, and San Luis Obispo is no exception. If you’re looking to spend some time on the sand, here are a few of the best beaches around:
- Cayucos State Beach: Perfect for antique-lovers and young families, the quaint town of Cayucos has accessible beaches that afford jaw-dropping vistas of Estero Bay, including its namesake beach.
- Moonstone Beach: This rugged beach affords unmatched views of oceanside cliffs and wildflower fields, and it’s easy to glimpse whales and sea otters swimming by the shore.
- Pismo State Beach: Enjoy great camping, fishing, and surfing at this inviting beach that is also a popular destination for butterfly watching.
- San Simeon: Aside from the famous Hearst Castle, there’s exceptional hiking here and the colony of elephant seals isn’t to be missed.
- Shell Beach: This narrow stretch of bluff-side sand can be a bit rocky, but it’s still among the most popular options for the college-age crowd and surfers.
Count on Travelocity to help you find the best deals on San Luis Obispo beach hotels at any time of year. Whether you’d prefer to stay at the SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, the Rose Garden Inn San Luis Obispo, or any of the other San Luis Obispo oceanfront hotels, choose your dates now and you could be seeing the elephant seals up close tomorrow.