Where to stay in South Dakota: Best areas for travelers
- Sioux Falls: If your dream vacation involves being surrounded by nature, this destination will tick all the boxes. Enjoy the sights at Falls Park, then head over to Tuthill Park. Savor the fresh air of Hole in the Mountain County Park and Veterans' Memorial Park if you have the time. Nature lovers also won't want to miss Blue Mounds State Park and Fawick Park. Some favorite hotels here are the Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, the Ramada by Wyndham Sioux Falls Airport Hotel & Suites and the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls - Airport.
- Deadwood: If a warm, cozy room and a great night's sleep are important to you while on your getaway, you've got loads of top options to select from here. Take a look at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deadwood-Gold Dust Casino. The Hotel By Gold Dust and the Hickok's Hotel & Casino are also very popular with regular travelers. While you're here, you should include some interesting historical attractions in your itinerary, such as Adams Museum, Geographic Center of the Nation Monument and Adams House Museum.
- Rapid City: Everyone knows that being out in nature does wonders for both your mind and body. Luckily, there are tons of natural attractions to discover here, such as Petrified Forest of the Black Hills, Sheridan Lake and Black Hills Caverns. Why not stay an extra night or two and check out Thunderhead Falls, Center Lake and Custer State Park too? Choosing the right hotel will help make your vacation even more enjoyable. Our top picks include The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, BW Premier Collection, the Hotel Alex Johnson Rapid City, Curio Collection by Hilton and the Town House Motel.
- West Custer Township: This place boasts lots of things to keep you occupied. Why not kick off your getaway with an excursion to Crazy Horse Memorial? Once you're done there, Sylvan Lake and Wind Cave National Park will be ready and waiting for you. You can select from a variety of hotel options, including the Classic Southern Black Hills -winding Roads, Wildlife, Open Vistas, Star-gazing, the Welcome to Larkota Acres, Where the Calm is so Wild and the Super 8 by Wyndham Custer/Crazy Horse Area. Once you've checked in, be sure to explore other top attractions like Jewel Cave National Monument, Rocky Knolls Golf Course and Needles Eye.
- Vermillion: Mix up your adventures in this thriving destination. From lively downtown streets to calming nature-based attractions, this place has something for everyone. When it's time for some respite from the rigors of life, slow the pace down a notch at Spirit Mound, Westside Park or Barstow Park. When planning your vacation you'll be able to choose from many great hotels like the Best Western Vermillion Inn, the Prairie Inn or the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vermillion.
Search vacation packages deals in South Dakota's top destinations
South Dakota flight + hotel packages
2021 South Dakota vacations
Top South Dakota hotels deals
Popular places to visit in South Dakota
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to South Dakota?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for South Dakota?
Why should I purchase my South Dakota vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Will I save money on my South Dakota car rental if I bundle it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to South Dakota?
Which airport is best for South Dakota?
What is there to do in South Dakota?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.