Where to stay in St. Thomas: Best areas for travelers
- Red Hook: Grab your sunblock and enjoy an escape by the water here. This enticing neighborhood is where you'll find Sapphire Beach. Use the Sea Views From Sapphire Hill Dreams, the Sapphire Beach Condo Resort & Marina By Antilles Resorts or the Luxury Beach Villa . Walk to Sapphire, Pelican and Lindquist Beaches as a base to explore this attractive strip of coastline.
- Frydendal: You have a nice range of options when it comes to comfy places to stay in this neighborhood. To begin with, take a look at the Wyndham Margaritaville St Thomas, the Wyndham Margaritaville St. Thomas - Gorgeous Studio Sleeps 4 and the Wyndham Margaritaville St. Thomas - Gorgeous 1 Bedroom Sleeps 4. You'll be able to jump out of bed and be at fantastic attractions like Coki Beach soon after.
- Nazareth: A comfortable stay is waiting for you at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, the Ritz Carlton Club 2 Bdrm Unit or the Booked - No Longer Available. It's easy to explore this neighorhood from any of these options. If you plan on doing a little sightseeing, Secret Harbour Beach will keep you entertained.
- Charlotte Amalie: If you'd love to tick off some of the city's biggest attractions, this neighborhood has so much for you to uncover. Blackbeard's Castle is a fantastic place to kick things off. You can easily visit this sight (and many others) from the Starz Hotel, the Olga's Fancy or the Windward Passage Hotel.
- Estate Bakkero: From dawn to dusk, there's so much to keep you busy in this neighborhood. Explore all that this popular neighborhood has to offer from the comfort of the Dec 29th, 2018 to Jan 5th, 2019 ~ Marriott\'s Frenchman\'s Cove New Year\'s Week or the Dec 29th, 2018 to Jan 5th, 2019 ~ Marriott\'s Frenchman\'s Cove New Year\'s Week.
St. Thomas flight + hotel packages
2021 St. Thomas vacations
Top St. Thomas hotels deals
Popular places to visit in St. Thomas
St. Thomas Vacations
When you imagine yourself truly relaxing—breathing deeply, soothing your senses, and leaving the weight of your workaday life behind—where are you? If you see yourself surrounded by gentle turquoise tides, miles of golden sand, and the aromatic scent of smoky jerk chicken, then it’s time to bring your daydreams to life on a fabulous vacation in St. Thomas, an island in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Soon, you’ll be soaking up the sun in Magens Bay, windsurfing across the sparking water at Sapphire Beach, or sipping rum as the sun sets over the Caribbean, like rose gold melting into the sea. Book St. Thomas package deals and start your excursion with a flourish of savings.
Top Hotels in St. Thomas
- The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas: You didn’t hear this from us, but this 5-star hotel is a short distance to Secret Harbour Beach and other stunning natural landmarks, like Cow and Calf Rock and Mangrove Lagoon. Between these wonders and the full-service spa, you have some glorious options vying for your time. Luckily for you, at the Ritz-Carlton, you can have it all.
- Bolongo Bay Beach Resort: Step outside to a private beach in secluded Bolongo Bay. This resort is far from and hustle and bustle, but not too far from lovely Morningstar Beach, Mangrove Lagoon, and Pistarckle Theater. Steal away to these quiet stretches of sand and enjoy all-inclusive dining options at on-site restaurants and relax with a drink at the poolside bar.
- Windward Passage Hotel: Stay at this waterfront hotel in Charlotte Amalie on the edge of Cay Bay and walk to nearby attractions, including Fort Christian and Magic Ice Gallery. Charter a local boat at the port or stay in and court lady luck at Windward Passage’s casino.
- Point Pleasant Resort: When you crave a cozy cottage vibe, book a suite in Point Pleasant Resort. With full kitchens and private balconies or patios, these guestrooms are perfect for families or solo travelers looking to make themselves right at home near Coki Beach. Pamper yourself in the full-service spa and lounge by the poolside bar for the blissful combination of swimming and sipping.
The Isles Have It
Take heart, traveler. Your St. Thomas vacation will be exactly what you wish it to be, especially if you’re wish is lying on several brilliant beaches beneath the shade of palm trees and awash in the sweetness of a cold cocktail at a Tiki bar. On the north side of St. Thomas, expansive Magens Bay is not only gorgeous and calm—perfect for swimming—it’s also laden with kid-friendly eateries, open-air shopping, and picnic tables, making it a perfect place to spend a family vacation in St. Thomas. If you’re looking for a splash of seclusion, Honeymoon Beach on tiny Water Island will fit the bill, and you can set your inner adventurer free with snorkeling gear or a windsurfing board at Sapphire Beach on the northeast coast.
When you’re ready to air dry in the warm breeze and explore the local history and culture, make your way to Charlotte Amalie, the capital port, located near the center of the south coast. Visit Skytsborg Tower, known by locals as Blackbeard’s Castle, built of stone in 1679. From the observation deck, look out over this ancient and luxurious city, from the art boutiques and fruit vendors of Main Street to the winged creatures at The Butterfly Garden.
Festivals and Events
It’s always a perfect time to take a trip to St. Thomas, especially because annual events grace the calendar each month and the temperate weather makes it easy to step out and celebrate. Escape January’s chilly weather to fill your life with island treasures at St. Thomas Synagogue’s Annual Antiques, Art & Collectibles Auction. In April, the streets become even more colorful—if that’s possible—for the celebration of Carnival, a nonstop month of calypso shows, parades, and lots and lots of delicious Caribbean cuisine.
It’s time to make your dreams come true. Save precious time and travel money by booking a vacation package in St. Thomas with Travelocity. We’ll match the best deals available, so you don’t have to look farther than right here.
Tours and Activities in St. Thomas
Occasionally, vacation experiences can be so extraordinary that they totally knock our socks off. They become treasured moments to recall for a long time to come. Are you all set to create some brilliant new memories?
So you've packed your St. Thomas itinerary with a bunch of activities — that's awesome! If you're searching for a few more ideas, check out our suggestions:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to St. Thomas?
How long should my St. Thomas vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for St. Thomas?
Why should I purchase my St. Thomas vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Will I save money on my St. Thomas car rental if I bundle it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to St. Thomas?
Which airport is best for St. Thomas?
What is there to do in St. Thomas?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.