You won't regret adding Texas Air Museum to your travel to-do list.
It is situated in Brownsville. If you're unfamiliar with the name, it is 280 miles (451 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Austin.
Unfortunately, accommodations within 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) of Texas Air Museum do not yet exist. However, if you're happy to go just a little bit further out, there are lots. 25 miles (40 kilometers) away in Harlingen, you can find as many as 9 places to stay. Well-liked by travelers are the Hampton Inn & Suites Harlingen, Courtyard by Marriott Harlingen and Holiday Inn Express Harlingen.
Other Things to Do Near Texas Air Museum
Once you're finished at Texas Air Museum, you're not going to run out of things to do with some of the other things that are available in the region:
- Hit 'em long at Treasure Hills Golf Club, a nice place to unwind and play a few games.
- A prominent local monument, Iwo Jima Monument is a reminder of historical events etched in the minds of generations young and old.
- Iwo Jima Memorial Museum is a popular local spot where you can see exhibits on the military and its history.
- If you're searching for a place to keep the kids busy, you could plan a trip to Rio Grande Valley Museum.
- An outing to Museums of San Benito, a popular history museum, is always memorable and informative.