Where to stay in West Virginia: Best areas for travelers
- Charleston: If your ideal escape includes being in the great outdoors, this destination will tick all the boxes. Enjoy the scenery at Kanawha State Forest, then wander over to Dunbar Park. Breathe in the fresh air at Daniel Boone Park and Nitro City Park if you have the time. Nature buffs will also enjoy Jefferson Park and Ridenour Memorial Park. Top-rated hotels here include the Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, the Ramada by Wyndham Charleston and the Quality Inn & Suites.
- Martinsburg: Turn back time while in this historical destination. Get lost in its fascinating past at renowned landmarks such as Adam Stephen House, Rumsey Monument and Belle Boyd House. When you've finished seeing the sights, lay down your weary head at the Heritage Inn, the Holiday Inn Martinsburg or the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Martinsburg.
- Morgantown: If you're eager for a nature fix, this is the place for you. Morgantown is jampacked with wonderful natural attractions, from Coopers Rock State Forest to Earl L. Core Arboretum and West Virginia Botanic Garden. After a big day out, put your feet up at The Scholar Hotel- Morgantown, the Clarion Hotel Morgan or the Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place. You'll need your energy to get out and explore other excellent sights such as Cathedral State Park, Cannon Hill and Cranesville Swamp Natural Area.
- Bridgeport: With plenty of interesting things to do and see here, you'll have earned a solid night's sleep by the time the sun sets. The SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg, the TownePlace Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg or the Best Western Plus Bridgeport Inn are some of the best places to put your feet up after a long day of exploring Philippi Covered Bridge and Watters Smith Memorial State Park. Be sure to visit Tygart Lake State Park, Pricketts Fort State Park, Valley Worlds of Fun and Sunny Croft Country Club too.
- Beckley: Do you like staying in the city center but also desire access to nature too? Some of the places you should stop by during your getaway here are New River Gorge National River and Hawks Nest State Park. If you're yearning for more time around Mother Nature, don't forget about Summit National Scout Reserve, White Oak Rail Trail (Oak Hill Trail), Little Beaver State Park and Kaymoor Miners Trail either. All of that time outdoors and dashing around will be tiring, so lay your head at someplace comfortable like the Courtyard by Marriott Beckley, the Hotel Beckley West or the Econo Lodge Beckley.
Search vacation packages deals in West Virginia's top destinations
West Virginia flight + hotel packages
2021 West Virginia vacations
Top West Virginia hotels deals
Popular places to visit in West Virginia
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to West Virginia?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for West Virginia?
Why should I purchase my West Virginia vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my West Virginia car rental if I bundle it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to West Virginia?
Which airport is best for West Virginia?
What is there to do in West Virginia?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.