Where to stay in Addis Ababa: Best areas for travelers
- Bole: There's nothing better than the excitement of waking up in a completely new destination, especially when you have fascinating attractions like Edna Mall to look forward to. Base yourself at the KYT Hotel and you can visit it whenever you like. The Medal hotel and the mosaic hotel are some other options in the area.
- Kirkos: If you enjoy all things history, don't miss Meskel Square and Lion of Judah Monument. They're just a couple of this neighborhood's well-known attractions. If you're eager to stay in this area, the Adams Hotel, the Dreamliner Hotel and the Global Hotel are places to look into.
- Yeka: Not just exuding charm and charisma, this neighborhood boasts top attractions such as Shola Market. The Ararat Hotel, the Dimitri Hotel and the Pacific Hotel are some popular places to stay here. Once you've had a good rest, use that extra energy to swing by Zefmesh Grand Mall and Asni Gallery too.
- Arada: It's little wonder large numbers of travelers love staying here — there's plenty to do and see! Kick off your adventures at National Museum of Ethiopia, Holy Trinity Cathedral and Yekatit 12 Monument. After a long day pounding the pavement, enjoy a great night's rest at the Denver Boutique Hotel, the Churchill Hotel or the Wutma Hotel.
- Nifas Silk-Lafto: If you want to discover the true personality of this neighborhood, check out some of its well-known attractions like Lela Gallery. Comfortable hotels here include the Guest House in a Newly Prosperous City of Lebu Mebrat Haile, the Lewi Resort Wolayita and the Elgel Hotel and Spa. Spend your evenings at one of these and get a good night's rest after your big adventures.
Top Addis Ababa hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Addis Ababa
Addis Ababa Vacations
Addis Ababa is the capital city and cultural center of Ethiopia, and known as the political capital of Africa. It is located at the foot of Mount Entoto, and has a subtropical climate with a warm spring, wet summer, and dry winter. You will find a great selection of Addis Ababa vacation packages on Travelocity, with hotels and flights included.
There are many enjoyable things to do during Addis Ababa vacations, from soaking up the buzzing city atmosphere to admiring the impressive architecture and nature. Some of the most popular tourist attractions include the beautiful cathedrals (Holy Trinity and St. George's) and the National Museum of Ethiopia. Most Addis Ababa hotels are located close to these landmarks. The huge open air market, Addis Mercato, is a great place to shop for souvenirs and discover the local culture, such as food and traditional clothing. If you are interested in car rentals in Addis Ababa , you can enjoy the sights outside of the city center. For example, why not drive up to Entoto Hill to get a view over Addis Ababa and see where city founder Emperor Menelik II built his palace?
Recurring Festivals and Events
No matter which time of year you plan to visit Addis Ababa, you can arrange your trip to coincide with one of the city's annual events and celebrations. January is a good time to visit, as you can partake in Ethiopian Christmas (Genna) celebrations on January 7, and the Feast of Epiphany (Timket), a three-day festival held two weeks later. In September, Ethiopians celebrate New Year (Enkutatash), and the Finding of the True Cross (Meskal) is also marked each year on September 27.
To get the best Addis Ababa packages, look out for mobile exclusive deals on the Travelocity app, regularly updated with amazing offers.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Addis Ababa?
How long should my Addis Ababa vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Addis Ababa?
Why should I purchase my Addis Ababa vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Addis Ababa car rental if I bundle it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Addis Ababa?
Which airport is best for Addis Ababa?
What is there to do in Addis Ababa?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.