Where to stay in Cape Town: Best areas for travelers
- Cape Town City Centre: This neighborhood puts you right in the sightseeing action. Castle of Good Hope and Greenmarket Square are just the tip of the iceberg. When you're not racing around ticking off those unmissable sights, appreciate the creature comforts at the Townhouse Hotel. You'll also be in the ideal position to discover this cool area from the Parliament Hotel or the Light and Airy in Cape Town City Centre.
- City Bowl: There are so many good reasons to stay here, including easy access to popular sights like Castle of Good Hope. We recommend the Nine Flowers Guest House, the Stylish City Apartment With Park View or the SunSquare Cape Town Gardens and you can visit whenever works for you.
- Cape Winelands: Get a reprieve from the mad rush of the city at Franschhoek Pass and Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve. Want to make things simple? Stay nearby. The Zorgvliet Country lodge, the Angala Boutique Hotel and the Clouds Estate are waiting to welcome you.
- Camps Bay: If you want to experience the area's lively nightlife, consider this neighborhood. Join the locals for a fantastic time at Theatre on the Bay, then dance your way into the early hours of the morning. When you're ready to roll into bed, The Marly Hotel, the Sea Five Boutique Hotel or The Bay Hotel will be ready and waiting for you.
- Green Point: With Cape Town Stadium in the area, it's not surprising many travelers stay here. The A Gem Apartment in Green Point Village Close to the V&A Waterfront, the Trendy, Centralt Beliggende Studio Lejlighed and the Green Point Studio are a few places to lay your head in here.
Cape Town flight + hotel packages
2021 Cape Town vacations
Top Cape Town hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Cape Town
Cape Town Vacations
Cape Town, regarded as the Jewel of Africa, is a picturesque city that combines old with new, urban landscapes with gorgeous countryside, and white sandy beaches with magnificent mountain terrain. Vacations in Cape Town are stupendous, and you'll always find something to do.
Table Mountain is the first feature you see as you fly into the city, and once you've settled into one of the hotels in Cape Town , if there's no cloud, or tablecloth as the locals say, over the mountain, take a ride in a cable car to the top for a gorgeous view of the city. Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 years, gives you a glimpse into the darker parts of South African history. Book a car rental in Cape Town , and set off to see the wild African penguins, an endangered species, at Boulders Beach, a protected marine area. Get a scenic view of the coast between Noordhoek and Hout Bay along Chapman Peak Drive. The Constantia Valley, Stellenbosch, Helderberg, Durbanville Valley, and Franschhoek wine routes are all within easy reach of the city. Cape Point, the most south-westerly tip of Africa, is covered with fynbos, plants only found in the Cape Floral Region.
Festivals and Events
If you take advantage of one of Travelocity's Cape Town package deals in spring (August and September), visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens to see the native wild flowers, and take a trip to the small town of Darling, where they hold wild flower shows. During late March and early April, jazz fans descend on the city for the Cape Town International Jazz Festival, which showcases the best of South African and international performers. In March, cheer on runners in the Two Oceans Marathon and cyclists in the Cape Town Cycle Race.
Browse Travelocity for Cape Town vacation packages and visit one of the most superb places in the world; remember, you can save up to $537 when you book a hotel and flight at the same time.
Tours and Activities in Cape Town
At your desk peering blankly at your laptop screen? Wouldn't you rather leave it all behind and see more of this amazing world? Well, you're right here — so switch your mind to getaway mode and get set for some brilliant new adventures!
Looking forward to some exciting activities while you're in Cape Town? We highly recommend trying out a few of these experiences:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Cape Town?
How long should my Cape Town vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Cape Town?
Why should I purchase my Cape Town vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Cape Town car rental if I combine it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Cape Town?
Which airport is best for Cape Town?
What is there to do in Cape Town?
Where should I stay when visiting Cape Town?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.