Where to stay in Albuquerque: Best areas for travelers
- Northeast Heights: Time to dust off those dancing shoes! There's tons of after-dark fun to be had in this area, including at Sandia Casino and Desert Rose Playhouse. Hop into a comfy bed at the Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, the La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW or the Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque-Journal Center when your night comes to an end.
- Westside: Sure, the center of the city is full of fun, but you'll discover lots to do in this neighborhood as well. Petroglyph National Monument is one thing you can't miss while you're in town. The Quality Inn & Suites Albuquerque West, the Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque-Coors Road and the La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque West are some top hotels to consider.
- Downtown Albuquerque: Visit for the charming ambiance and stay for Indian Pueblo Cultural Center. This area has lots of amazing attractions like this and an atmosphere that's all of its own. Reserve a room at The Hotel Blue, the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque or the DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque and discover what makes this place a good choice.
- Rio Rancho: If you want to discover the true nature of this neighborhood, take yourself on a walking tour of some of its fascinating attractions like Artists of New Mexico Galleria. Some hotel options here include the Quality Inn, the Inn at Rio Rancho and Event Center and the Days Inn by Wyndham Rio Rancho. Base yourself at one of these and enjoy a great night's rest after your big adventures.
Top Albuquerque hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Albuquerque
With every blast from the burner, the colorful orb is carried higher into the desert sky, the basket below holding you and your companions in its wicker walls. The people below become smaller and smaller, turning from humans to ants before your eyes. The landscape below resembles an architectural model, rather than real life. From your vantage point in the hot air balloon high in the New Mexico sky, you are free to ponder your place in life with a different purpose. Fears may be conquered, limits probably challenged, and memories surely made during your vacation in Albuquerque—whether it be in the basket of a hot air balloon, the spicy bite of a chili pepper, or in the eyes of that special someone. Gorgeous blue skies and sunshine practically all year-round make Albuquerque vacations perfect any time of year. Duke City is a picturesque mecca, rich with history and culture. The outdoor activities alone are reason enough to visit, but the beautiful scenery of the Sandia Mountains will also entice you. And, when you use Travelocity to help you find package deals in Albuquerque, you can savor every special moment without breaking your budget.
Whether you will be travelling for business, on the hunt for outdoor adventure, or on a romantic vacation in Albuquerque, finding the perfect place to stay can make all the difference. Here are some of our favorite Albuquerque hotels:
- Isleta Resort and Casino – An oasis of contemporary style and modern convenience standing in contrast to the surrounding desert, Isleta is a magnet for vacationers searching for a perfect blend of romance and excitement. Enjoy a couples massage in the on-site spa, and then a candle-lit dinner for two at TIWA Restaurant and Lounge. For “dessert,” try your luck on the casino floor, or cut a rug with your partner in the crowd at a live-music performance.
- MCM Elegante – Located close to downtown, the University of New Mexico, and Albuquerque International Sunport, the MCM Elegante is as convenient as it is comfortable. Enjoy a view of Sandia Peak from the balcony of your guestroom before finding sweet slumber in your pillowtop king bed. Start the next day off with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, then begin the pursuit for your next Albuquerque adventure.
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque – Ideal for both business travelers and vacationers, the Hyatt Regency’s downtown location is close to nearly all Albuquerque’s attractions. Distinctly southwestern, while completely modern, the property offers guests panoramic views of the city and Sandia Mountains, contemporary décor, and high-tech amenities like video checkout, 47” flat screen televisions, and free Wi-Fi.
- Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport – They Hyatt Place puts you in the heart of it all in Albuquerque. In addition to the airport, downtown, and university, you’ll also be close to the shops in Nob Hill, the beauty of Rio Grande Nature Center, and the nostalgia of Route 22. Start your morning with a complimentary breakfast, then hit every spot on your itinerary before returning to your well-appointed guestroom to rest up for tomorrow’s day in the desert.
While in Albuquerque, visit the quirky and unique Tinkertown Museum, open from April to October. Or learn about Native Americans by going to the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center to see collections that depict their way of life. If you're looking to explore around Albuquerque, search Travelocity's vast selection of rental cars to reach destinations on your own schedule. Some great scenic destinations within a short drive of Albuquerque include the Abo Pass Trail, Tent Rocks National Monument, and the Sandia Crest Trail Byway.
Festivals and Events
Duke City is host to the grand Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, which is held each October. The view of the blue sky filled with hundreds of hot air balloons is a memorable sight and a favorite shot of both amateur and professional photographers. For the more adventurous types, rent a stand-up paddle board or a kayak and venture down the Rio Grande River in the summer months. Tickle your taste buds by attending the Viva New Mexico Chile Festival held on the last weekend of August. Enjoy hay rides, a corn maze, beer garden, and sample some fabulous southwestern foods, all while listening to live music on your exciting Albuquerque getaway.
Travelocity offers great rates on Albuquerque vacation packages, and you'll always get the best prices because the Travelocity Price Guarantee will price match and refund the difference. Find the best hotels in Albuquerque that have the southwest ambiance you're looking for, at the price your budget allows. Plus, when you bundle your hotel and airfare together, you’ll enjoy some significant savings—and that’s no hot air.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Albuquerque?
How long should my Albuquerque vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Albuquerque?
Why should I purchase my Albuquerque vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Albuquerque car rental if I bundle it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Albuquerque?
Which airport is best for Albuquerque?
What is there to do in Albuquerque?
Where should I stay when visiting Albuquerque?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.