Take a peek at another angle of the region's culture at A:shiwi A:wan Museum and Heritage Center.
To see it, head about 170 miles (274 kilometers) from the state capital, Santa Fe, until you get to Zuni.
Though you won't find any hotels in the immediate vicinity, there are more than enough in the wider area. Situated only 30 miles (48 kilometers) away is Gallup. There you'll have a choice of 7 places to stay. The Comfort Inn Gallup, Quality Inn And Suites Gallup and Days Inn Gallup are three options you might like to consider.
Other Things to Do Near A:shiwi A:wan Museum and Heritage Center
You're here to check out A:shiwi A:wan Museum and Heritage Center, but you may well be pleasantly surprised by what else the area has available:
- Visit Old Zuni Mission and become acquainted with a spiritual side of the area.
- Savvy shoppers may want to make a beeline for All Tribes Trading Post, an iconic store which some people specifically visit for.
- You should go to Zuni Visitor Center to view the information displays. Pick up some useful brochures and maps that might help you enjoy your stay.
- Any history buffs will enjoy a few hours at Spanish Church.
- Walk to the highest peak of Dowa Yalanne Mesa for a scenic view of the surrounding region.