Where to stay in Buffalo: Best areas for travelers
- Downtown Buffalo: Don't waste time hailing cabs and running from place to place. This area has loads of attractions, from Coca-Cola Field to Kleinhans Music Hall. Make yourself comfortable at the Best Western on the Avenue, The Mansion On Delaware Ave or the Aloft Buffalo Downtown when you're spent from all that sightseeing.
- Amherst: Whatever has brought you to this neighborhood, it won't be long until it wins you over with its charms. Boulevard Mall, Lasertron, Grover Cleveland Golf Course — there's plenty to keep you on your feet. Top hotels include the Boulevard Inn, the Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo/Amherst and the Motel 6 Buffalo - Amherst.
- Cheektowaga: Stiglmeier Park and Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve and Environmental Education Center offer a sanctuary from the busy city. If you're a fan of nature, this place will be right up your alley. Recommended hotels in this neighborhood include the Baymont by Wyndham Buffalo, the Millennium Buffalo and the Home2 Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport / Galleria Mall.
- Williamsville: It shouldn't come as a surprise that large numbers of travelers prefer staying here — there's so much to see and do! Begin your adventures at Eastern Hills Mall, Northtown Center at Amherst and Amherst Audubon Golf Course. After a big day of running around, enjoy a good night's rest at the Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, the Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville or the Super 8 by Wyndham Williamsville/Buffalo.
Buffalo flight + hotel packages
2021 Buffalo vacations
Top Buffalo hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Buffalo
Some things are just better at their source. It may be mountain spring water or the energy that is generated when a bolt of inspiration stirs you from your core. As trivial as it may sound, a blue-collar culinary icon—the spicy, buttery, tangy chicken wing—is delivered from humble afterthought to celebrity status when the workingman’s foodie creation is enjoyed in its hometown. Baskets of hot wings aren’t the only unique local experience waiting for you in Buffalo. And getting to the bottom of a basket isn’t the only way to generate a sweaty brow while in town, either. Welcome to Buffalo, New York, where you'll find a palpable sense of history, exceptional scenery, a friendly atmosphere, and—of course—great chicken wings. As New York's second-largest city, Buffalo brings it all to the table for visitors. Whether you're heading to the world-famous Niagara Falls (a must) or watching a Buffalo Bills game at New Era Field, you'll be wowed. Start looking for a Buffalo vacation package today, and get ready to make memories. And, when you use Travelocity to book your vacation in Buffalo, you’ll save enough to treat your friends to a wing fest of epic proportions. Or, check out a museum or an art gallery. Like we said, there’s more to Buffalo than just hot wings.
Whether you are on a Buffalo family vacation, a honeymoon with plans to visit Niagara Falls, or in town for business, where you stay can make all the difference. We recommend checking out these Buffalo hotels why you are researching your getaway:
- Embassy Suites Buffalo – Just a few short blocks from Niagara Square and the attractions along the Canalside waterfront, the Embassy Suites is an ideal home base for your Nickel City adventure. If you want to venture a little further out, hop on the nearby complementary light rail system. When you are done exploring the town, relax in your guest suite’s separate living room as you take in the view through the floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Adam's Mark Buffalo – Catch a Buffalo BisonsMiBL game or enjoy a stroll through the Erie Basin Marina and Gardens during your stay at this contemporary downtown hotel. Grab breakfast at the Harbor Bistro, or refuel after a long day discovering Buffalo’s many attractions. When it’s time to rest your weary head, enjoy a well-appointed guestroom with modern conveniences and amenities.
- Millennium Buffalo – Located close the airport and a short drive from downtown, the Millennium has 12,000 square feet of event space, an indoor courtyard with a pool, and over 300 newly renovated rooms and suites—making it a great option for business travelers and vacationers, alike. Grab a pint or some pub fare at Twigs Lounge before calling it a day and adjourning to your contemporary suite or room.
- Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Niagara Airport – The Red Roof Inn is an affordable option for family adventures, with all kids 17-years old and younger staying for free. The whole clan can enjoy a free continental breakfast before making the quick ride to Niagara Falls. And, the clean, comfortable guestrooms will help you recharge before the next day’s Buffalo adventure.
First, explore the majestic power of Niagara Falls by taking a boat below the falls and walking through the stunning Niagara Falls State Park. For a good hike—and a brow-sweating alternative to spicy wings, trek to the lesser-known Eternal Flame Falls. Then, visit the many museums and cultural attractions in town like the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo Museum of Science, Frank Lloyd Wright's Darwin D. Martin House, and Old Fort Niagara. The Buffalo Zoological Gardens is a world-class facility that animal lovers like you will absolutely enjoy. Chardonnay and cabernet connoisseurs will certainly savor a wine-tasting cruise on Lake Erie or a trip along the Niagara Wine Trail. When it comes time to just eat, drink, and shop, head to areas like Hertel Avenue, Elmwood Village, and Allentown. No matter what hotels you choose on your Buffalo getaway, you can’t go wrong with Travelocity.
Festivals and Events
From the Buffalo St. Patrick's Day Parade in March to Taste of Buffalo in July, fun never stops here. The National Buffalo Wing Festival on Labor Day weekend is an excuse to eat as many wings as possible, and Winterfest is the opportunity to celebrate Buffalo's snowiest season. As you search for deals on Buffalo vacations, look up what events are being held while you're in town. There’s always something on deck.
Enjoy a waterfall of savings when you use Travelocity to find package deals in Buffalo. By bundling you flight and hotel together, you stand to save even more. Don’t forget to search for Buffalo car rental discounts on Travelocity, too.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Buffalo?
How long should my Buffalo vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Buffalo?
Why should I book my Buffalo vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Buffalo car rental if I bundle it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Buffalo?
Which airport is best for Buffalo?
What is there to do in Buffalo?
Where should I stay when visiting Buffalo?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.