Enjoy a lesson in history as well as some sightseeing during your trip to Cabrillo National Monument.
It's in San Diego County, 470 miles (756 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Sacramento.
Within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Cabrillo National Monument, there are a total of 156 accommodation options to serve you. The Hotel del Coronado, Curio Collection by Hilton and Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa will provide you with some, if not all, of the comforts you desire.
If you care little about fancy extras so long as you have a bed, four walls and a roof over your head, you might like to stay at one of the surrounding area's budget-friendly hotels. The La Avenida Inn and the Days Inn San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center are a couple of the more reputable places.
You’ll be dazzled by the exquisite accommodation and services at the handful of top-end hotels a quick drive away. The Hard Rock Hotel San Diego and San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter are excellent.
Other Things to Do Near Cabrillo National Monument
After enjoying Cabrillo National Monument, why not check out the area's other attractions? Here are a few places to get you started:
- Discover some fascinating stories from years gone by while you stroll around Fort Rosecrans Cemetery.
- Pick a vantage point, get comfortable and watch the sunset from Point Loma Lighthouse.
- Fans of the military will enjoy taking a look at Naval Base Coronado.
- Become immersed in theater experience when you watch one of the many plays at Humphreys Concerts by the Bay.
- No matter how many entertaining tours you take part in while you are here, an afternoon spent at Point Loma Nazarene College will truly show you the vitality of the scholars here.
Need insider tips on must-see attractions in Cabrillo National Monument? Check out our Cabrillo National Monument travel guide!