Where to stay in Calgary: Best areas for travelers
- Southeast Calgary: Whether you feel like a couple of quiet drinks or you're game for a massive night out, there are loads of opportunities for a good time here. Base yourself at the Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary, the Deerfoot Inn & Casino or The Glenmore Inn & Convention Centre. Then, venture out and enjoy this neighborhood's lively nightlife at Deerfoot Casino and Cash Casino.
- Northwest Calgary: Some come to this neighborhood for the afternoon, some stay for the week. For an excellent night's rest, you don't need to look further than the Cozy 2Br / 2 Ba Condo In Ranchlands, the Hotel Alma & Seasonal Residence and the Olympia Lodge. When the time comes to explore your surroundings, take a look at Bowmont Park, Bowness Park and Nose Hill Park.
- Southwest Calgary: If the purpose of your travels is to see the big sights, staying here is a smart choice. Make yourself comfortable at the Carriage House Inn, the Econo Lodge South or The Stetson Village Inn. Of the area's many highlights, perhaps the most well-known one is Canada Olympic Park.
- Beltline: If you're eager to stay in this area, look up the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Calgary Downtown, the Hotel Arts and the O Stays Ovation. After ways to keep yourself entertained during your visit? Wander over to Calgary Tower. It's one of this neighborhood's main attractions.
- Downtown Calgary: Snap a picture in front of Calgary Tower and then settle in for the evening a short distance from it. This much-loved attraction is why many adventurers make this neighborhood their first choice. Check out the deals at The Westin Calgary, the International Hotel Calgary and the Regency Suites Hotel.
Calgary flight + hotel packages
2021 Calgary vacations
Top Calgary hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Calgary
Dubbed the Cultural Capital of Canada, Calgary celebrates its progressive status with signature skyscrapers, world-class cuisine, and a love of Mother Nature's simple splendor. The city embraces the excitement of the outdoors with a Wild West spirit showcased in rodeos, park festivals, and open prairie excursions. Plan your Calgary vacation packages in any season and be ready to ride your snowmobile or ski at Castle Mountain, a fun ski resort for your entire family.
Dare to step onto the glass floor deck at the top of the Calgary Tower, home to the highest 360-degree observation deck in the world. Calgary package deals are your gateway to the city's culture, entertainment, and nightlife. Tread through the Badlands, a fossil hotbed of awe-inspiring rock formations and an ancient burial ground where significant dinosaur discoveries have been unearthed. Now, calm your adrenaline rush with a soothing symphony or an entertaining play at the popular Arts Common in downtown. With a car rental in Calgary , you can also check out Cool Little Towns on the foothills of the city for adventures off the beaten track.
Festivals and Events
The Calgary Stampede is an annual event that preserves the western heritage of Calgarians. Billed as "The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth," it features a rodeo and festival every July, attracting over 1 million visitors. In August, Millenium Park comes alive with music at the annual Calgary International Reggae Festival, a 10-day reggae-jamming series. Later in summer, enjoy the Taste of Calgary. Foodies like to plan their Calgary vacations around the Barclay Parade, where all the flavors from the city's finest and most unique restaurants are there for you to sample. Find hotel deals in Calgary with Travelocity's extensive list of hotels and save up to $537 when you book your hotel and flight together.
Tours and Activities in Calgary
Forget about gazing at the world through other people's getaway snaps. Travel's about recording your own incredible new experiences.
Travel's all about forging unforgettable memories. We've organized a list of wonderful Calgary adventures:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Calgary?
How long should my Calgary vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Calgary?
Why should I purchase my Calgary vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Calgary car rental if I book it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Calgary?
Which airport is best for Calgary?
What is there to do in Calgary?
Where should I stay when visiting Calgary?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.