FAQs about Negril Flights
What airport is best to fly into Negril?
Montego Bay Airport (MBJ-Sir Donald Sangster Intl.) is about 28 miles (45 kilometers) from the sights and sounds of downtown Negril. It's the sole airport servicing the city, so there's zero chance of your cab driver taking you to the wrong one! Places to visit in Negril
Shop 'til you drop at Time Square Mall, a popular shopping destination for locals and visitors alike. Need some more ideas? Enjoy a few rounds, get active and challenge your mind at Negril Hills Golf Club. But that's not all there is. Find out exactly what makes the nature and wildlife at Royal Palm Reserve so important. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Negril
If you like the idea of spending more time at the airport bars and restaurants and less time wading through security on your way to Negril, just follow these useful tips:
- Keep your boarding pass and travel ID somewhere handy. They'll be the first things you'll be asked for by security staff.
- Belts, coins and mobile phones are to be put in a tray for X-raying. If you walk into the body scanner with any one of these items, you'll be requested to turn back and remove them.
- Ensure your phone, laptop and other electronic devices are easily accessible. These items need to be put through the X-ray machine separately.
- Hand cream, toothpaste and other toiletry items in cream, liquid or gel form need to be stored in containers no larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters). They also need to fit in a 1-quart (1-liter) clear resealable bag.
- Steel-cap boots and other heavy shoes are often X-rayed at the security checkpoint. Think about wearing lightweight sneakers instead.
- Razors and knives are prohibited from entering the aircraft. Tuck them away in your checked luggage to avoid leaving them at the security checkpoint.