FAQs about Quito Flights
Which airlines fly to Quito?
When it comes to plane travel, every worldly wanderer has different needs. With 7 airlines servicing Quito, you're bound to find exactly what you're after. Carriers with excellent reviews include:
What airport is best to fly into Quito?
- Japan Transocean Air
- SriLankan Airlines
- LATAM Airlines Ecuador
Booking your airfare to Quito is a cinch, as it's serviced by just one airport. You'll find Quito Airport (UIO-Mariscal Sucre Intl.) around 10 miles (16 kilometers) from the sights and sounds of downtown. Where to stay in Quito
Are you eager to find the perfect base from which to discover the best sights in Quito? You're certainly not short of choice. Ecuador's impressive capital has 276 accommodations to select from.
You're on vacation! Why not treat yourself to a night of luxury? If you've been dreaming of first-class service and soft, silky sheets, lock in a room at the JW Marriott Hotel Quito or the Le Parc Hotel, Beyond Stars. However, if you doubt you'll see much of your suite, why not book a cheaper option like the Hostal White House or the Casa Kanela? Places to visit in Quito
While it can be quite exciting going off the beaten track when you're somewhere new, sometimes you just have to do the touristy things to see what all the hype is about — like visiting El Panecillo in Quito.
If you're keen to see a couple of the fabulous places here, add Independence Square and Quito Cathedral to your bucket list.
It is worth visiting Basilica of the National Vow, a well-known house of prayer and a local attraction. Seeking some more ideas? An excursion to City Museum, a popular history museum, is always sure to be thought-provoking and enjoyable. But that's not all. You should explore San Francisco Park, a historic public square that's loved by both locals and tourists. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Quito
If you like the idea of spending more time at the airport bar and less time wading through security on your way to Quito, follow these handy tips:
- Airport security personnel will expect to see your boarding pass and travel ID at the checkpoint. Put them in an accessible place, so they're ready for inspection.
- You'll need to put your tunes on pause for a little while. Headphones need to be removed and placed in a tub to be X-rayed. The same goes for items such as coins and keys.
- Everyday electronics such as laptops, cameras and phones will need to be put through the X-ray machine separately. Make sure they're easily accessible.
- When it comes to flying with liquids or gels, all passengers are permitted a quart-sized clear resealable bag to keep containers no larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- Give some thought to the type of footwear you want to fly in. Slippers are great because they're a piece of cake to remove when you're at the security checkpoint. Try wearing a pair on your next journey!
- The list of non-permissible items is forever changing. Have a look at your airline's website to learn about what is not allowed on board their aircraft.