Taking a moment to breathe in the crisp, clean air at False Cape State Park is a wonderful way to soothe your harried nerves.
It's located in Norfolk - Virginia Beach, which is an estimated 110 miles (177 kilometers) from the state capital, Richmond.
Make sure you have a look at your accommodation before you leave, since you won't find any hotels close by. Handy choices are the Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg, 70 miles (113 kilometers) away, the Williamsburg Inn, 65 miles (105 kilometers) away, and the Parkside Williamsburg Resort, 60 miles (97 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near False Cape State Park
After you're finished with False Cape State Park, there are still more things to do in the wider region:
- Anyone who enjoys nature will enjoy some time at the protected Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge.
- Martin Vineyards is a great destination for everyone from wine enthusiasts to casual drinkers.
- Remember to pack the towels when you head to Sandbridge Beach. It's going to be a great day.
- You might be a keen aircraft enthusiast, or you might just like the ease of air travel. It doesn't matter what your thoughts are about flying, visitors of all ages will be intrigued by Military Aviation Museum.
- If you're keen to get a bit of exercise outside, consider Estuarine Nature Walk for a calming break.
Need insider tips on must-see attractions in False Cape State Park? Check out our False Cape State Park travel guide!