Where to stay in Hartford: Best areas for travelers
- Windsor Locks: From its countless attractions to its unique character, it's easy to see why this neighborhood appeals to many travelers. Searching for someplace to kick back after a full day of sightseeing? The Travelodge by Wyndham Windsor Locks and the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport are a few options in this popular part of the city.
- Manchester: Even though you're in the city, nature is never far away in this neighborhood. After a restful night's sleep at the Americas Best Value Inn Manchester, CT, you can easily head to Case Mountain and Wickham Park to enjoy a relaxing stroll. The Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester and the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester are other options if you're planning to stay in this area.
- Downtown Hartford: Convenient hotels in this area include The Goodwin Hotel, the Execustay at Trumbull on the Park and the Residence Inn by Marriott Hartford Downtown. Wondering what there is to see and do in this neighborhood? Bushnell Park is a popular is a famous you shouldn't miss.
- Farmington: Nothing beats being in nature to restore some balance in your life. Batterson Park Pond is one place in this neighborhood where you can do just that. If you'd like to stay within reach of it, we suggest The Farmington Inn & Suites, the Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford-Farmington or the Hampton Inn and Suites Hartford/Farmington.
Top Hartford hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Hartford
A feeling of wonder fills you when you step foot in a place steeped in history. From significant home fronts to state landmarks, your senses tingle when you stand where important milestones once made the ground tremble or filled crowds with awe. Of course, even a destination with a story to tell doesn’t have to be stuck in the past. Modern restaurants, skyscrapers, and towering hotels with top-shelf amenities are also a huge appeal. The good news is you certainly don’t have to choose, wise wanderer. You can visit a city rich with story and pulsing with art and culture at the same time. Welcome to Hartford. Book your Hartford vacation package with Travelocity today, and you’re on your way to a New England adventure for the ages. In the fall, colorful leaves delight your eyes across the city, and in the summer blue skies give way to meticulously manicured emerald lawns. All year-round, the capital of Connecticut is a good destination for a getaway.
Top Hotels in Hartford
The key to your Hartford vacation may just be staying in the right hotel. When you have a comfortable place to lay your head after a day of exploration, you can refuel your energy and recharge for another day on the town.
- Radisson Hotel Hartford : From this conveniently located hotel you can walk downtown, or take a shuttle and get to your favorite attractions without getting cold. Have a drink at the sophisticated bar right in the lobby when a nightcap calls.
- Avon Old Farms Hotel: This quiet country hotels sits on 20 acres, surrounded by lush tree cover and the relaxing chirp of local birds. Sit and read in the gazebo or have a cup of tea at the pool. Talk about relaxing!
- Hilton Hartford: Take a dip in the indoor pool, enjoy your city views, and let the Hilton staff pamper you. The hotel also has tons of meeting space and executive floors with private lounges.
- Hampton Inn Rocky Hill: This cozy hotel boasts a location near historic buildings and an outdoor pool. Watch the sun set from your comfortable room, and then head down first thing in the morning for your free breakfast.
Visit the Mark Twain House and Museum during your vacation in Hartford, where the famous author lived from 1874 to 1891. It was here that he wrote some of his most popular works, including "Tom Sawyer" and "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn." If you want to see where bills go to become law, visit the Connecticut State Capitol in downtown Hartford. After you take a tour, you can also see the state Senate and House in session. Other things to do in the city include visiting the Wadsworth Atheneum and walking through Wickham Park to see the peacocks and vast open spaces.
Festivals and Events
If you're in Hartford during the beginning of July, check out Riverfest, at the Mortensen Riverfront Plaza. Held just after the Fourth of July, the festival is a jovial place to experience local food and entertainment. At the end of the night, you’ll “ooh” and “ahh” under the fireworks display. In February, stop and smell the roses at the annual Connecticut Flower and Garden Show. Considered one of the most prestigious garden shows in the world, the display has more than 200 exhibitors presenting their best flowers, herbs, and plants.
Book one of our Hartford vacation deals today, and you’ll be landing in the capital of Connecticut in no time with your eyes on exploring history and a sense of adventure. When you find yourself before the unparalled views at Talcott Mountain State Park or soaking up history at the Connecticut Historical Society, you’ll be glad you made the journey east to one of the nation’s first states. Welcome to your next adventure, wise wanderer.
Tours and Activities in Hartford
Travel is the best teacher. Not only can it give us an insight into the world and all its marvels, it can push us to build new friendships and learn from shared experiences. Ready to head to your next unforgettable class?
Every moment is precious when you're in Hartford. Enjoy yourself with a Private Lewis & Clark History Tour or a New York City Day Trip from Hartford with Lunch & Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and make some amazing new memories!
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Hartford?
How long should my Hartford vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Hartford?
Why should I book my Hartford vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Can I save on my Hartford car rental if I book it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Hartford?
Which airport is best for Hartford?
What is there to do in Hartford?
Where should I stay when visiting Hartford?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.