Mark Twain once wrote of his chosen hometown of Hartford, Connecticut, "Of all the beautiful towns it has been my fortune to see, this is the chief... You do not know what beauty is if you have not been here." Here was a man who traveled the nation by riverboat, stagecoach, and steam train, a man who circumnavigated the globe more than once, and who penned odes to places from Missouri to Marseilles to Mauritius. Yet he chose Hartford as the one place he most desired to stay. Perhaps, in a way, your own travels are an eternal quest to discover such a destination, a place where beauty seems cast in your very honor and streets feel like home from the first step.
Use Travelocity to discover where to stay in Hartford and then book one of the many great Hartford hotels for your next step in this quest. And as you explore the historic neighborhoods of one of the oldest cities in the nation, maybe you'll arrive at the same conclusions about its allurements as one of America's wisest and wittiest of wanderers. There's only one way to find out...
What are the best places to stay in Hartford?
While there’s no shortage of great hotels in Hartford, here are four accommodations beloved by many:
- Hilton Hartford: Located in the bustling business and dining district, the Hilton Hartford is a mere stone’s throw from dozens of the city’s most popular cultural destinations. Museums, sporting events, and sightseeing tours are all within minutes of leaving your room. Enjoy these other amenities as well:
- Gym and pool: Cool off with a few laps in the Hilton’s indoor swimming pool, or up your heart rate by taking advantage of the complimentary fitness center.
- Food and drink: Enjoy alfresco dining at the classy M&M Bistro, or savor sips and fireside treats at the Element 315 cocktail lounge.
- Event space: Make use of over 15,000 sq. ft. of event space when you organize a gathering in one of Hartford’s most massive ballrooms.
- Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport: With an unbeatable location right next to the airport, the Sheraton Hartford lets you start exploring the city without getting tangled up in transportation, but also lets you enjoy the comforts and conveniences of a home away from home:
- Gym and pool: Stay in shape by taking advantage of the indoor pool and fitness center situated on the Sheraton’s mezzanine.
- Club lounge: If you’ve opted for Sheraton’s membership program, spend some time relaxing in the Club Lounge, which provides members with morning breakfast, afternoon hors d’oeuvres, and evening libations before bed.
- Business resources: In town on business, or have an unexpected task to care of? The hotel has office supplies and a fax machine to make sure you meet your deadline.
- Radisson Hotel Hartford: Occupying a spectacular location in the city’s entertainment district, the Radisson Hotel Hartford is within steps of incredible eateries and one-of-a-kind venues when you’re not enjoying the hotel’s own perks:
- Food and drink: The on-site Bistro Z offers classic and casual American entrees you can enjoy in the restaurant or from your room. And the adjacent Z Bar is ideal for late-night drinks with your travel companions.
- Shuttle service: See Hartford’s best sites without busting your budget by taking advantage of the hotel’s complimentary shuttle services.
- Business center: Have some work you need to attend to? The Radisson’s ’round-the-clock business center is available to help you check action items off your list.
- Gym: Burn some calories in the hotel’s fitness center or go for a run in nearby Bushnell Park.
- Avon Old Farms Hotel: Country and luxury converge at the Avon Old Farms Hotel. Though not technically within Hartford’s city limits, this high-end hotel in the neighboring town of Avon is just 10 miles from Insurance City, yet feels a world away. Enjoy a few of the hotel’s many fine aspects:
- Scenery: Take in bucolic views of the Farmington River Valley, replete with fields of flowers, an aged wooden bridge, and a gazebo overlooking the hotel’s garden.
- Food and drink: Dine in style at Old Farm’s Seasons Restaurant, then top off your meal with a drink at the hotel’s award-winning Tap Room.
- Transportation service: Get where you’re going on time and under budget by using Old Farms’ complimentary transportation service.
- Gym and sauna: Get your blood pumping at the 24-hour fitness center, or sweat it out in the outdoor sauna.
Let Travelocity help you find cheap hotels near Hartford no matter what time of year you’re traveling. Our selection of Hartford hotel deals makes it easy for you to find the perfect place to stay within just a few taps or click. So why not follow in the footsteps of Mark Twain, and start your adventure in Hartford today?