Where to stay in Kansas City: Best areas for travelers
- South Kansas City: This neighborhood is renowned for its superb attractions like Kansas City Zoo. Take in the sights before enjoying a cozy night's sleep at the Best Host Inn Plaza Kansas City South, the WoodSpring Suites Kansas City South or the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Kansas City.
- Downtown Kansas City: With plenty of activities and attractions to keep you occupied during the day and a good variety of places to spend your nights, this area appeals to many visitors. Wander around Sprint Center and other popular sights before settling in at the Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, the Hotel Indigo Kansas City Downtown or the Oakwood at Library Lofts.
- Independence: If you're going on vacation with the youngsters, Adventure Oasis Water Park and Centerpoint Community Ice are a couple of great reasons to stay here. Spend your days touring family-friendly spots such as these and your evenings somewhere convenient, like the Ophelias Restaurant And The Inn At Ophelias. The Higher Ground Hotel and the Super 8 by Wyndham Independence Kansas City are some other top picks.
- Country Club Plaza Area: A comfy hotel and loads of amazing attractions are the key components of an unforgettable getaway. This neighborhood has all that and more. Drop your suitcase in your room at the Residence Inn by Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza, the Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza or the Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City-Country Club Plaza. Then, get out and visit this area's top sights, such as Country Club Plaza.
- Southmoreland: You're spoiled for choice when it comes to hotels in this neighborhood. The Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza and the Embassy Suites Kansas City - Plaza are waiting to make you feel welcome. From any of these, you'll be in a convenient place to visit fantastic attractions, like Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
Top Kansas City hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Kansas City
Kansas City Vacations
You’re elbow-deep in barbecue sauce. A drip of the savory goodness sits on the corner of your lips, and you realize it’s hard to contain the sauce to your plate but you don’t mind. You’re creating burgundy impressionist artwork, and your white dinner napkin is the canvass. You’ve traveled strategically to find this divine work of culinary genius; it’s no mistake that you’re devouring a plate of world-famous barbecue. Like the epicurean adventurer you are, you often let your taste buds lead you and they’ve not betrayed you this time. Your vacation in Kansas City is going to be delicious, and this is just the beginning. Book your Kansas City vacation package on Travelocity today, and soon you’re on your way to hearty meals in the Heartland. Get your bib ready, wise wanderer. Even a refined diner such as yourself who has enjoyed forkfuls of cuisine in the likes of Paris and Rome can find immeasurable pleasure in sinking your teeth into some soul food. But your adventure doesn’t end at the dinner table—you’ll explore art museums and city parks, too.
Top Hotels in Kansas City
You’ve show up in KC ready to cheer on a baseball team or tour the prideful college campus. Or maybe you’re truly just interested in the eats. It doesn’t matter if it’s your nose or your appetite for art that has led you to a Kansas City getaway—you’re bound to leave a happy camper when you stay at one of these popular hotels.
- Hotel Phillips: Bold golden elevators and grand staircases set the tone in this downtown hotel. You’re stepping into an elegant accommodation, befitting your travel savviness and love of the better things in life. Enjoy top-tier service and spacious rooms along with city views. You’ll sleep well here, we can tell.
- The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center: There are more than 80 acres of shops and entertainment just outside the lobby doors, here. Inside, downtown views and a patio restaurant make it easy to fall in love with the city and your comfortable room feels like a home away from home.
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center: Dine in a restaurant with wide picture windows and city views at the Sheraton, and you’ll fall in love with KC. After a day of exploration, an outdoor pool awaits in warmers seasons, and 24-hour fitness center is available all year long.
- Harrah's North Kansas City: After getting your fill at the buffet and trying your hand at a few tables, your spacious guest room is just steps away. Whether you win big at the slot machines or use your time on the casino floor to people watch you’ll be happy you booked a room at Harrah’s so you can drink a few cocktails knowing your retreat awaits.
Once your bags are unpacked in good old KC, you’re ready to hit the town. Check out the city's fountains, shop at Historic City Market, and snap photos at Union Station. Aside from your tour de barbecue, you can also wine and dine at Country Club Plaza. Support local arts at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, or embed yourself with sports fanatics at Arrowhead Stadium, which is rocking every Sunday from September through December with an NFL game. Tour the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library to soak up some knowledge during your Kansas City vacation and pay homage to a former leader at the same time.
Festivals and Events
You saved a lot of cash by booking one of our Kansas City vacation deals, and now you have the cash to take part in the city’s best events and festivals. In May, take part in the Festa Italiana, where you can celebrate Italian traditions and eat plenty of pasta. Come June, Jazz in the Woods sends music into the Kansas City air, and the Kansas City Irish Fest in September is a lively event open to everyone. Between September and October, the Kansas City Renaissance Festival gives you an excuse to dress as a knight or fair maiden and eat beer cheese soup.
Soon you’ll be bringing your own brand of adventure to the Midwest, wise wanderer. But your KC getaway can’t get off the ground if you don’t book your vacation package today. Get your hotel and airfare with Travelocity now, then make sure there is plenty of memory on your phone to take pictures at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Kansas City?
How long should my Kansas City vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Kansas City?
Why should I purchase my Kansas City vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Kansas City car rental if I bundle it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Kansas City?
Which airport is best for Kansas City?
What is there to do in Kansas City?
Where should I stay when visiting Kansas City?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.