Where to stay in Lahore: Best areas for travelers
- Gulberg: Leap out of bed at the Hotel 7 Days and then head out and explore well-known attractions like Gaddafi Stadium. The most popular neighborhood to stay in, prepare to be busy! The Al Burhan Express Hotel and the Gulberg View Hotel are other places to look into.
- Bahria Town: Whether you plan to stay in town for a night or a week, this is the perfect place to set up camp. Spend your days exploring popular local attractions and your evenings chilling out at the Hotel Platinum or the Bahria Grand Hotel & Resort.
- Johar Town: For a comfortable place to spend your evenings, have a look at the pakeeza family hotel and the Greenland Hotel. You'll quickly understand why travelers keep returning to this neighborhood and these hotel options.
- Garden Town: A conveniently located hotel is one of the main ingredients for a great vacation. Many visitors to this part of town like staying in the Hotel luxury palace and the Grand Palace Hotel. Why not extend your trip a night or two and see all that this neighborhood has to offer?
- Mall Road: With a nice selection of hotels to choose from, finding a place to suit your style and budget is a piece of cake. The Pearl Continental Lahore, the Panoramic Hotel and the Hotel One The Mall Lahore are just a handful of what's available. Wondering what there is to keep you occupied in this part of town? Check out Lahore Museum.
Top Lahore hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Lahore
Lahore is the capital of the Punjabi region in Pakistan, and the bustling metropolis lies toward the center of the country's southern border with India. It's famous for art, cuisine, and culture. If ancient Eastern cultures intrigue you, then Lahore vacations are for you.
Book your Lahore vacation packages and you won't run out of things to do and see. Since the city has been around for a millennium, many cultural influences are evident. Ancient Mughal buildings include Badshahi Mosque, Lahore Fort, and the walled city. View Colonial buildings like the Lahore High Court, General Post Office, Lahore Railway Station, and Lahore Museum, constructed during the time of British rule. Nature lovers will want to rent a car in Lahore to visit Shalimar Gardens, and the Lahore Zoo, the fourth-oldest zoo in the world. To understand the role religion plays in Lahore culture, visit some of the hundreds of mosques, churches, and temples that dot the city.
Recurring Festivals and Events
In a city of almost seven million people, there are different festivals and events held throughout the year. One of the biggest—the Basant Kite Festival—is held in February, and celebrates the coming spring. You need only look out the window of your hotel in Lahore to see the sky peppered with kites. Because the kites are traditionally flown with razor wire, to cut another kite free of its line in the competition, this festival has been both banned and revived over the years. It is one of the biggest festivals in India and not to be missed. Springtime offers Lahore Fashion Week and summer is the time of the Shandur Cup Polo Tournament. The Urs of Shah Abdul Latif Bhittai Festival is a vibrant winter festival celebrating the death of the beloved Sindh poet.
What are you waiting for? Visit Lahore for the cultural wonders of the Punjabi region. Get the best deal you can when planning Lahore packages by remembering the Travelocity Price Guarantee. Travelocity will match a lower price and refund the difference.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Lahore?
How long should my Lahore vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Lahore?
Why should I purchase my Lahore vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Lahore car rental if I combine it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Lahore?
Which airport is best for Lahore?
What is there to do in Lahore?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.