Where to stay in Jerusalem: Best areas for travelers
- Jerusalem City Centre: If you're an arty type, you'll feel right at home here. Check in to the Jerusalem Tower Hotel, the Christmas Hotel or the Shani Hotel. That way, you'll be within close reach of stimulating attractions like Wolfson Museum and Beit Avi Chai.
- Nachlaot: If you love sightseeing, this is the place for you. Fantastic attractions such as Machane Yehuda Market, Ades Synagogue and Tiferet Yisrael Synagogue are waiting for you! Add to that reputable places like the J Tower Residence, the My Jerusalem View and the Agripas Boutique Hotel — what else do you need?
- Mamilla: With so many places to lay your head in this area, your most challenging decision will be picking one. Make a start by looking up the Prima Royale, the Dan Panorama Jerusalem and The Inbal Jerusalem. Once you're settled in, don't miss popular sights such as L.A. Meyer Institute for Islamic Art.
- Rehavia: Drop your bags off at the Jerusalem Castle Hotel, the Little House in Rehavia or the Prima Kings Hotel. Then, get ready to cultivate your artistic side! This neighborhood is known for its arty attractions. Roam around Wolfson Museum and Beit Avi Chai to get you started.
- Emek Refaim: If you're searching for things to keep you busy here, get the ball rolling at Museum of Natural History Jerusalem. It's one of this area's leading attractions. Want to get to know the area a little better? The Villa Ba'moshava, The Colony Hotel and the Orient Hotel Jerusalem make great bases.
Jerusalem flight + hotel packages
Top Jerusalem hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Jerusalem
Jerusalem is sacred to more than half of the world's population. It is the place where religion, culture, and the arts merge into a metropolis that is a feast for both the spirit and the human senses. Whether you are interested in history, religion, food, or just immersing yourself in the culture, a Jerusalem vacation will become a jewel in your travel crown.
No trip to Jerusalem is complete without a visit to the holy sites – The Temple Mount (including the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque), Western Wall, and Church of the Holy Sepulchre, among many others. Outside of the holy sites, the Old City offers several quarters, including the Christian Quarter, the Jewish Quarter, the Muslim Quarter, and the Armenian Quarter, each offering their own cultural markets, restaurants, and shops. But it's the open-air Mahane Yehuda Market – "the Shuk" -- that is truly a sight to behold. At this bustling market in the city center you can buy produce, spices, pastries, breads, scarves, and many other items while mingling with a local crowd. While there, try some kanafeh, a sweet cheese pastry, or shawarma, which are shavings of meat that have been roasted on a spit, served on a plate or as a sandwich.
Festivals and Events
Jerusalem is a special place to visit for several religious holidays, depending on your preference. But the entire city seems to participate in Purim, a Jewish holiday that spawns parties and carnivals around the city. Often compared to Halloween and Mardi Gras, Purim takes place in early March. For a non-religious event, check out the increasingly popular International Film Festival in July. Located at Jerusalem Cinémathèque, the festival features films from around the world.
Travelocity offers a diverse selection of Jerusalem vacation packages with the best hotels in Jerusalem . And with savings up to $537 by booking your flight and hotel together as a Jerusalem vacation package, you can afford an extra kebab at the Shuk.
Tours and Activities in Jerusalem
The fantastic thing about travel is that you don't always need to search for brand new experiences — they're right there in front of you! So unpack your suitcase, take a breath and get ready to make some amazing new memories.
You'll never be at a loss for things to do in Jerusalem. If you're having problems deciding on what to do, here are our top picks:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Jerusalem?
How long should my Jerusalem vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Jerusalem?
Why should I purchase my Jerusalem vacation package with Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Jerusalem car rental if I bundle it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Jerusalem?
Which airport is best for Jerusalem?
What is there to do in Jerusalem?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.