Where to stay in Raleigh: Best areas for travelers
- Durham: Whether you feel like a couple of low-key drinks or you're overdue for an all-nighter, there are loads of opportunities for fun here. Lock in a room at the 21c Museum Hotel Durham - MGallery, the Unscripted Durham or the Durham Marriott City Center. Then, take off and enjoy this area's buzzing nighlife at Carolina Theater and Manbites Dog Theater.
- Southwest Raleigh: Some travelers visit this neighborhood for a day, some don't leave for a week. For a great night's rest, you needn't look further than the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh SW NC State, The StateView Hotel, Autograph Collection and The StateView Hotel. When you're ready to start exploring the neighborhood, take a look at Lake Johnson, Carter Finley Stadium and Pullen Park.
- Chapel Hill: Swing by for the delightful ambiance and stay a while longer for Kenan Stadium. This neighborhood has tons of exciting attractions like this one and an atmosphere that attracts countless travelers. Get cozy at the AC Hotel by Marriott Chapel Hill Downtown, the Carolina Inn or The Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill and discover what makes this place a hit.
- Umstead: This neighborhood is packed with many fascinating sights. Drop your belongings off at the Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek, the Oakwood at the Crest at Brier Creek or the Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/ Brier Creek and then pick up your camera. You'll need it for when you stop by Frankie's Fun Park, Brier Creek Commons and RDU Observation Park.
- Morrisville: The Days Inn by Wyndham Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, the Hampton Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport and the Holiday Inn Express Raleigh Durham Airport are a few places to kick back and relax if you choose this popular part of town. If that's not enough to rejuvenate you, some time in nature at RDU Observation Park might do the job.
Raleigh flight + hotel packages
2021 Raleigh vacations
Top Raleigh hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Raleigh
Farm-to-table fare is right up your alley, wise wanderer. You love to bite into a red tomato knowing it may have slept on the vine last night. Fresh goat cheese, homemade in the kitchen? Yes, please. At the same time, a slow-paced traditional Southern meal can always please your palate. Is there a place where you can get the best of both worlds? A glass of tea and a plate of perfectly cooked pork for lunch and a modern meal straight from the farm for dinner? Yes, of course. Welcome to Raleigh, North Carolina.
The city is lined in oak trees and the heart of the city is as charming as it is buzzing. It’s no concrete jungle, but it won’t leave you hungry for entertainment or culture. Book a Raleigh vacation package, and you’ll bundle your hotel and airfare for big savings and a good start to your getaway.
Top Hotels in Raleigh
Your vacation in Raleigh could be made or broken by where you stay. You want to put your feet up in a comfortable place and have access to all the amenities that make a getaway something to remember. Stay at one of these most popular hotels and you’re guaranteed a lovely time:
- Hyatt Place Raleigh West: Stay in the Inside Wade, and you’re near the Corporate Center Park and tons of Raleigh points of interest. Wake up to a hot breakfast and retire at night on your plush pillows. This is the type of retreat a wise wanderer can appreciate.
- Embassy Suites Raleigh-Crabtree: Just across the street from the Crabtree Valley Mall, the Embassy Suites accommodations are spacious and upscale. You’re minutes from NC State and the Durham Performing Arts Center and other attractions—so explore away!
- Sheraton Raleigh Hotel: Velvet couches, elegant brick décor, and wide-open spaces. These things describe the Sheraton, which is as sophisticated as it is charming. It’s located downtown and has hundreds of city-view rooms. Check in, put down your bags, and prepare to be pampered.
- Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport: You’ll be close to the airport here, but that’s not the only reason to stay at Hyatt Place. You’ll also be able to enjoy a 24/7 menu and access to a state-of-the-art fitness center. Wake up to views of Raleigh, and fall asleep to sweet dreams of the next day’s trip to Pullen Park or Yates Mill.
Your trip to Raleigh is around the corner, and it’s time to start planning the ultimate itinerary. You’ll never regret your time at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Science, Museum of Art, Museum of History, and Marbles Kids Museum. Get a look inside the wheels of government in North Carolina at the State Capitol building, and learn more about President Andrew Johnson at the home where he was born. Take a leisurely stroll through the shady, pristine Neuse River Trail and then refuel on adrenaline at Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course. At Pullen Park, paddle boats, a carousel, and lakefront terrain await. Take a picnic and spend the afternoon wistfully staring at the clouds.
Festivals and Events
Your Raleigh vacation will leave a song in your heart and a new appreciation for soul food in your stomach. Aside from the wonderful city attractions, Raleigh also hosts events and festivals throughout the year. These are opportunities to indulge in local culture (and cuisine) to get a real feel for the City of Oaks. Visit in August during the Beer, Bourbon & BBQ festival and you’ll eat yourself silly. If you prefer gyros, moussaka, and spanakopita, show up in September for the Greek Festival. Raleigh also hosts the North Carolina State Fair each October and the Christmas County Fair in December. Blues lovers should book their trips for February to attend the Raleigh Blues Festival while September brings the hugely popular Hopscotch Music Festival.
When you choose from our Raleigh vacation deals, you’re half-way to your southern getaway. Pack your best walking shoes and prepare to sip on sweet tea, wise wanderer. Raleigh is the gateway to southern charm—let’s get traveling!
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Raleigh?
How long should my Raleigh vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Raleigh?
Why should I purchase my Raleigh vacation package via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Raleigh car rental if I book it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Raleigh?
Which airport is best for Raleigh?
What is there to do in Raleigh?
Where should I stay when visiting Raleigh?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.