Savannas Preserve State Park is definitely a destination worth making the time for.
It's to be found in Vero Beach. If you're unfamiliar with that name, it's 330 miles (531 kilometers) from the state capital, Tallahassee.
If you're after a good hotel that's fairly close to Savannas Preserve State Park, the Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, is the best option. It's situated just 2 miles (3 kilometers) away.
Double E Concessions (1552 Southeast Arenson Lane, Port St. Lucie) is a popular local restaurant worth checking out after a hectic day, and it's only 0.3 miles (0.5 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Savannas Preserve State Park
After you're finished at Savannas Preserve State Park, there are a variety of other activities to keep you inspired:
- Left alone to let nature flourish, Walton Scrub Preserve is a peaceful place to admire the birds.
- Enjoy the great outdoors by spending time at St Lucie Inlet State Park, a local recreational area.
- Head to Veterans Memorial Park, a monument that reminds us of the past.
- Whether you're a golf enthusiast or a total newbie, don't miss the chance to hit a round off at Eagle Marsh Golf Club.
- Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens is a great way for nature lovers to spend the day with its variety of trees, bushes, flowers and birds.