Grab your camera, unpack your walking shoes and enjoy a day close to nature at Swans Island, a brilliant attraction to attach to your must-do list.
Swans Island, approximately 65 miles (105 kilometers) away from the capital of the state, Augusta, is where you'll find it.
It will be a bit of a drive to reach your hotel, since there aren't any in the immediate surrounds. 25 miles (40 kilometers) away in Ellsworth, you'll find as many as 7 places to stay. Many travelers favor the Hampton Inn Ellsworth/Bar Harbor, Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor and Ramada Ellsworth.
Other Things to Do Near Swans Island
After your time at Swans Island, prepare for the other excellent attractions that the area has to offer:
- Boasting a clear view of the water and a long history, Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse makes for a pleasant excursion.
- A hike along the popular Ship Harbor Nature Trailhead always rewards nature lovers with tranquil scenes and a much-deserved break from the stresses of daily life.
- Reminisce about the good old days on a tour around Wooden Boat School.
- If you're hoping to visit a location where you'll have the chance to challenge your intellect, visit Friend Memorial Public Library, a library with notable collections.
- If you're feeling like a bit to eat, take a seat and view the specials board at the well-known Stonington Sea Products.