You’re ready for a change. For warm days and balmy nights. For lakeside adventures and evenings spent sampling delicious meals. You want a place with a history, but a place that remains firmly committed to moving forward with the times and embracing a vibrant future. Maybe it’s time you paid a visit to beautiful Tallahassee. You know it’s the capital of Florida, and in possession of a striking natural beauty, but what else does it have to offer?
As it turns out, plenty. You know much about the Florida Everglades, its magical theme parks, and of course its beaches…but Florida is also full of culture and character, and there’s no better place to start exploring its grandeur than its capital city. When you book one of Travelocity’s hotels in Tallahassee, you’ll enjoy both an excellent location and enough money left in your pocket to explore in style. Wander down its thoroughfares, take in its restrained but unique skyline, and learn what makes “Tally” so special.
Where to Stay in Tallahassee
There’s much to do once you arrive, but one of our affordable Tallahassee hotels will provide the perfect place for you to relax, recharge, and generally chart out your days. Here are four of our favorites:
- Candlewood Suites: Rest in comfort without spending a great deal of cash. Keep your energy up at the fitness center, or go for a dip in the heated pool in the morning before breakfast. The well-appointed suites include kitchens, workspaces, and flat-screen televisions.
- Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel: We offer this lovely venue as further proof that you don’t need to lay out a tremendous amount of money to obtain fine surroundings in hotels in Tallahassee, FL. Start the morning in your comfortable room with a cup of coffee, check your emails, and then make your way to nearby Lake Jackson for a day in watery surroundings.
- Country Inn & Suites: Enjoy charming, vintage-inspired surroundings on your next getaway to Tally. Country Inn & Suite’s offerings include free continental breakfast in the morning, along with an outdoor pool. Those who are visiting the area for work will find an excellent business center on-site.
- Howard Johnson Inn: This hotel in Tallahassee, FL is located right near Lake Talquin State Forest, ensuring you have plenty of space to stretch your legs amidst Florida’s striking natural beauty. Some of the well-appointed guest rooms are even pet-friendly—so you can bring your treasured furry friend with you.
Out and About in Tallahassee
There’s nothing quite like an afternoon in Tally. The city is filled with endless delights for you to partake in, but we’ve highlighted some that we think you’ll take particular interest in. From lush gardens to natural parks and museums, there’s a little something here for everyone.
- St. Marks National Park: Haven’t you ever wanted to leave your worries at the seashore? Leave your hotel in Tallahassee, cast off your cares and let the sea breeze take them away. Wade into the clear waters at the shoreline, watch brightly colored butterflies alight on flowers, and listen to the sweet sound of singing birds as they frolic around you. The lighthouse makes for some striking pictures, so take time to line up a few snapshots.
- Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park: You listened to the sound of the sea…now wander back in time to what is surely an enchanted garden. Wander beneath ivy-drenched archways, gaze up at mystical trees whose branches seem to stretch on forever, and pause at the man-made pool set amid a variety of fauna. Are you really still in Florida, or have you traveled to some long-ago era of kings, queens, and palaces?
- Museum of Florida History: This museum is small, but once you step inside you’ll be privy to all the secrets of old Florida—well, some of them, anyway. Take in exhibits dedicated to the state’s past—from prehistoric skeletons to colonial artifacts right up into the near-modern era—and obtain a better understanding of the varied and wonderful cultures of “The Sunshine State.” Visiting the museum is free of charge, though it does accept donations.
We know you like to be smart about traveling. That’s why you look for the best deals no matter where you end up going. Trust Travelocity to help you secure cheap hotels in Tallahassee, FL that will be excellent places to stay without doing ruinous damage to your wallet. You can put the money you save toward more exciting things, like visiting every inch of this diverse and beautiful city, or even widening your circle to include other parts of Florida. You’ve got a lot to see, wise wanderer. Get to it—we’ll meet you there.