You're bound to have a new experience when you visit Trestle Recreation Area.
To get there, go 190 miles (306 kilometers) from the state capital, Santa Fe, until you get to Alamogordo.
You'll be happy to find out there are 4 accommodations nearby. The Crofting Inn and Cloudcroft Hotel are located within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Trestle Recreation Area.
Spend a night at the Summit Inn if you’re looking for an economical place to stay but don't want to travel too far. It's just 0.3 miles (0.5 kilometers) away.
Providing excellent coffee and scrumptious light meals, Dave's Cafe (300 Burro Avenue, Cloudcroft) is also worth checking out after you've explored Trestle Recreation Area. Not quite full yet? Even if your stomach can't quite keep pace, you can still enjoy a meal at Western Bar & Cafe, (304 Burro Avenue, Cloudcroft).
Other Things to Do Near Trestle Recreation Area
After you're finished with Trestle Recreation Area, you certainly won't be at a loss for things to do with everything else that's going on in the area:
- History buffs will want to visit Sacramento Mountains Museum, a place where history comes to life and paints a picture from the region's past.
- Follow the lead of locals from a bygone era and make your way up New Mexico Rails-to-Trails.
- Constellations and comets always offer a truly stellar display at Sacramento Peak Observatory, a place of celestial experiences for people of all ages.
- Bring the whole family for a day of snow-filled fun at Cloudcroft Ski Area.
- Head to Old Apple Barn if you've been to all the popular museums and you're still thirsty for more!