If you are the type of traveler that has a wide range of interests, you'll be sure to have a great time at Tyre Beach.
Some travelers like to stop by the national capital, Beirut, beforehand. Once you're done there, it's 45 miles (72 kilometers) to Sour, where the attraction is to be found.
The Murex Hotel is the closest accommodation option to Tyre Beach. A quick 2 miles (3 kilometers) away, it's the ideal choice if you're after convenience.
Some people are simply not made for mornings. If you woke up feeling a bit slack, a freshly roasted coffee at كافتيريا محمود درويش (جل البحر صور) is an excellent way to find that get-up-and-go. For fare that's more filling, be sure to take your appetite along to Olpian Restaurant (Aabbasiyyeh).
Other Things to Do Near Tyre Beach
After you've seen all there is to see at Tyre Beach, there are even more things to do in the wider region:
- If you're naturally curious, set aside time to go on a tour of Tyre Hippodrome. This popular attraction offers guests a glimpse at an archaeological dig site, and some items that were unearthed.
- Bring your family to experience an educational and popular tourist attraction at Al-Bass site. There you'll get to see the results of an archaeological dig, and even some of the items that were discovered!
- To enjoy an adventure that uncovers the past, go to Al-Mina excavations, where you'll witness the fascinating results of a real archaeological dig.
- Pay your respects at Holy Cross Cathedral, the region's principal Christian place of worship.
- Just the sight of an open body of water has a calming effect on one's soul. Head to Tyre Harbour and let nature's impact wash over you.