Where to stay in Victoria: Best areas for travelers
- Downtown Victoria: Whether you want some low-key drinks or you're in the mood for a massive night out, there are ample opportunities for after-dark fun here. Base yourself at The Black Pearl Suite- 1bd/1ba - Downtown Victoria, the 1bdr 14th Floor Condo in Downtown Victoria w. Parking Amazing City & mtn Views or the Downtown 1bdr Condo w. Parking and City Views 14th Floor. Then, get out and enjoy this neighborhood's lively nightlife scene at Victoria Royal Theatre and Mcpherson Theater.
- Sidney: There are so many things to see and do here! If you can't wait to get a good handle on the place, check out Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal, Port Sidney Marina and Panorama Recreation Centre. Top-notch places to stay here include the Executive Suite Beautifully Furnished & Equipped Accepting 30 day + Bookings, the Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel and the Travelodge by Wyndham Victoria Airport.
- James Bay: Visit for the delightful ambiance and stick around for British Columbia Parliament Building. This neighborhood has tons of exciting attractions like this and a vibe that makes it stand out from the rest. Check in to the Beautiful Victoria Location In James Bay, A Short Walk To The Ocean And Downtown, The Oswego Hotel or the Vrbo Property and find out what makes this place a hit.
- Sooke: It's little wonder lots of travelers like staying here — there's tons to do and see! Start your adventures at Sooke Harbour, French Beach Provincial Park and Sooke Potholes Provincial Park. After a big day out, get some shut-eye at the Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection, the Sooke Harbour House or the Bright South Facing Home Looking Across Juan De Fuca Strait To The Olympics Mntn.
- Langford: Hang out with nature during a visit to Goldstream Provincial Park. When you're ready for a break, flop into a comfy bed at the Shelby Lakefront House. . Langford Lake Near The Ocean - Victoria\'s West Shore, the Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway or The Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa, Victoria.
Top Victoria hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Victoria
Welcome to Victoria! Located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island, Victoria doesn't have the sleek high-rises of its eastern neighbor, but this small provincial capital still boasts a charming downtown area, diverse local arts scene, and lush parks. In fact, the city is so green that its nickname is "The Garden City." Victoria has a lot to offer, with its stately government buildings and lively inner harbor, and Victoria vacation packages are a great way to explore the city.
What to Do in Victoria
The most iconic image of Victoria is the massive Edwardian-style Empress Hotel, which sits right on the edge of the inner harbor and has been a symbol of the city for over a century. Look for hotel deals in Victoria that'll put you right in the downtown area, so you can watch sea planes from Seattle landing at the inner harbor. You'll also want to pack a picnic for Beacon Hill Park, a sprawling green space that plays host to a petting zoo and plenty of walking trails -- a must for Victoria vacations. For history buffs, there's also the Royal British Columbia Museum, which tells the story of the province's founding.
Fun All Year Long
Known for its temperate weather, Victoria is a bustling hub year-round. In the summer, you can watch the start of the Victoria to Maui Yacht Race, which runs every other year. One of the best events of the year happens every March in nearby Tofino, where the Pacific Rim Whale Festival takes place. The event celebrates the migratory patterns of the Grey Whale -- look for a car rental in Victoria and head up-island to join the fun.
To get started planning your Canadian getaway, look for Victoria hotel packages on Travelocity. With Travelocity, you can search more than 400 airlines and 510,000 hotels worldwide to find the vacation that's right for you.
Tours and Activities in Victoria
The fantastic thing about travel is that you don't always have to chase after new experiences — they're right there in front of you! So unpack your suitcase, relax and get ready to make some brilliant new memories.
There are so many fun activities to try out in Victoria. Here are our favorites:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Victoria?
How long should my Victoria vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Victoria?
Why should I book my Victoria vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Victoria car rental if I combine it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Victoria?
Which airport is best for Victoria?
What is there to do in Victoria?
Where should I stay when visiting Victoria?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.