FAQs about Wilmington Flights
Which airlines fly to Wilmington?
Booking a ticket with Japan Transocean Air is the way to go if you intend to begin your exciting world adventure in Wilmington. What airport is best to fly into Wilmington?
You don't have to worry about ending up at the wrong airport in Wilmington, as there's only one operating in the city. Wilmington, NC Airport (ILM-Wilmington Intl.) is about 3 miles (5 kilometers) from the downtown area. Where to stay in Wilmington
Finding the perfect place to stay is a key ingredient for an incredible travel experience. Take your pick of 47 accommodations in Wilmington and start cooking up the trip of your dreams!
After a taste of the good life on your escape? Book a luxurious room with all the fancy extras at the Hotel Ballast Wilmington, Tapestry Collection by Hilton. Wilmington also has accommodations that won't break the bank. Look up the Americas Best Value Inn Wilmington if you'd prefer to keep those pennies in your pocket. Places to visit in Wilmington
Inquire about guided tours and explore the exhibits on display at Battleship North Carolina. Like some more options? Learning more about the history of an area at Cape Fear Museum will certainly make you feel more understanding of the land and its inhabitants during your getaway. And there's more. You'll probably hear locals mention Wilmington Convention Center, an important venue that hosts conferences. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Wilmington
These clever tips and hints about airport security checks will save you a lot of time and energy on your way to Wilmington:
- Have your passport and boarding pass somewhere accessible. They'll be the first things you'll be told to produce by airport security.
- Be aware that belts with metal buckles can set off the body scanner's alarms. If you have one on, you may be instructed to step back and remove it before continuing.
- Laptops must be removed from their carry bags and placed in a tray before going through the X-ray machine.
- Traveling with a favorite perfume or cologne? As long as it's no larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and it's placed in a clear zip-lock bag, you can keep it in your hand luggage.
- Think about your choice of footwear. Slippers are awesome because they're easy to take off when you're at the security checkpoint. Try wearing some on your next flight!
- The list of non-permissible items is forever updating. Have a look at your airline's website to learn about what is not allowed on board their aircraft.