Where to stay in Wilmington: Best areas for travelers
- Carolina Beach: If hanging out at the beach is your perfect vacation, this is the neighborhood for you. Stroll along the seashore and watch the sun go down at Carolina Beach. After a long day's exploring, crawl into a comfy bed at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Carolina Beach Oceanfront, the Carolina Beach Inn or the SeaWitch Motel.
- Wrightsville Beach: Whatever's brought you to this neighborhood, it won't be long until you get won over by its charms. Wrightsville Beach, Johnnie Mercer's Pier, Wrightsville SUP — there's plenty to keep you occupied. For comfort and convenience, we recommend the Wrightsville Beach Condo, the Newly Renovated 3 Bedroom Townhome in The Heart of Wrightsville Beach and the Blockade Runner Beach Resort.
- Kure Beach: Get some time out from the mad rush of the city at Ocean Front Park and Coquina Outcrop. Like doing things the easy way? Stay close by. The \'beach House\' is an Oceanview 6 BR / 4 Bath With a 2 min Walk to Beach, the Kure Beach Luxury...2 Minute Walk To Beach! and the Ocean View Beach Cottage will make you feel at home.
- Wilmington Beach: Make your visit to this neighborhood a comfortable one by booking a room at the Luxury Oceanfront Top Floor Condo With Elevator and Pool! Steps From the Beach! or the Atlantis - Big Blue House/family Fun/ocean View/amazing Top Deck. Both are great choices for a peaceful night in after a big day of sightseeing.
- Topsail Beach: From busy local haunts to gorgeous nature-based attractions, this area has it all. When you've had enough of the hustle and bustle of town, take in the scenery at Topsail Island. End the day with a good night's shut-eye at the Location, Location, Location! Unique 2000 Sq. Foot Home, the You Deserve a Beach Front Vacation in 2019 or the Starry Night : 2 BR / 2.5 BA Inlet Facing in Serenity Point, Sleeps 7.
Top Wilmington hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Wilmington
Birdwatchers, surfers, hipsters, and poets, unite! Wilmington, NC is a laid-back college town with beaches galore and plenty of Southern charm. You could hang out on the waterfront all day in this cool-as-the-ocean-breeze city, playing arcade games or watching the sunset frame the moss-draped oaks. Ready for your coastal holiday? Wilmington hotel deals are as happening as the Riverwalk.
Southern Charm Personified
With its friendly people and easygoing spirit, “Hollywood East” has attracted filmmakers and fans for years, and even has a walking tour of famous locations. Wilmington hotel packages near the Historic District will have you rubbing elbows with the stars. Not a fame fan? Take a water taxi across the river and go back in time aboard the USS North Carolina. For more history, book a car rental in Wilmington and drive to the Southport Maritime Museum, where you can learn about the area’s storied history as the last open supply port to the South during the Civil War. Once you’re done, return home on a picture-perfect coastal drive of tall, swaying grasses and rolling dunes.
Surf and Turf
Everyone from hipsters to families can enjoy North Carolina’s festivals year-round. Food-based festivals from ribs to bacon abound—this is the South, after all!—but you’ll also find jazz, wine, and surf competitions. Get inspired, then learn to hang ten with surf lessons at Wrightsville Beach; experts will find plenty of gnarly breaks there as well. Make sure you wait an hour after eating all that bacon!
See Where the Water Takes You
Wilmington vacation packages shouldn’t break the bank. Save your dollars for a sunset cruise and book with Travelocity. We have great deals on the best selection of hotels and airfare; when you book together, you can save up to $537. Book today and head for Southern hospitality tomorrow!
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Wilmington?
How long should my Wilmington vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Wilmington?
Why should I purchase my Wilmington vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Wilmington car rental if I bundle it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Wilmington?
Which airport is best for Wilmington?
What is there to do in Wilmington?
Where should I stay when visiting Wilmington?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.