Round up your fellow travelers and make your way to City Park, a fascinating place to spend a few hours.
To find it, travel approximately 70 miles (113 kilometers) from the state capital, Baton Rouge, to New Orleans.
If you're curious as to where the most suitable place would be to set up base, you'll be glad to know you've got 2 excellent options to choose from. The Degas - Bancroft Home and Hosteeva Marina Luxury Suites are located within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of City Park.
No-frills services and comfortable rooms at bargain prices. That's what you'll discover when you make a reservation at one of the low-cost hotels here. You'll be able to find the Garden District B&B and the La Quinta Inn New Orleans Causeway a short distance away.
If you are after a little refinement, you are in luck. There are a some upscale hotels that are just a short commute away. The Windsor Court Hotel and W New Orleans - French Quarter are well-known.
Other Things to Do Near City Park
After you're finished with City Park, there are an assortment of other activities to keep you busy:
- Looking to get your blood rushing? Storyland is the place for you.
- Meander through New Orleans Botanical Garden and read up on the variety of flowers, plants and trees. Adults and kids alike are sure to learn something new about their favorite species.
- Cemeteries are way more than just a graveyard. St. Louis Cemetery is one of those cemeteries that can bring to life stories of the past.
- Take a leisurely stroll through Botanical Gardens and marvel at the wide range of plants, trees and flowers. Adults and kids alike should definitely learn something new about their favorite flora.
- Every curated art piece has a fascinating story to tell. At Issac Delgado Museum of Art, you can check out a range of exhibits, stop for a few moments of contemplation and learn the story behind them.