FAQs about Delta Flights
Where does Delta fly?
Explore more of our big blue planet with Delta. When you book your flight through Travelocity, you'll have access to an array of tempting destinations — along with some of the most affordable fares available. Adventure is just a ticket away!
Delta has a fleet of aircraft that zips across the country connecting friends and families each day of the year. Here are their most popular national routes:
- Atlanta, GA Airport (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.) to New York, NY Airport (LGA-LaGuardia) with 854 flights every month
- Atlanta, GA Airport (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.) to Orlando, FL Airport (MCO-Orlando Intl.) with 692 flights every month
- New York, NY Airport (LGA-LaGuardia) to Atlanta, GA Airport (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.) with 644 flights every month
- Boston, MA Airport (BOS-Logan Intl.) to New York, NY Airport (LGA-LaGuardia) with 599 flights every month
Venture outside your comfort zone and fly across national borders with Delta. Their most frequented international routes include:
What airline is DL?
- Amsterdam Airport (AMS-Schiphol) to Minneapolis, MN Airport (MSP-Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl.) with 478 flights every month
- Amsterdam Airport (AMS-Schiphol) to Detroit, MI Airport (DTW-Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County) with 458 flights every month
- Atlanta, GA Airport (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.) to Mexico City, Distrito Federal Airport (MEX-Mexico City Intl.) with 456 flights every month
- Detroit, MI Airport (DTW-Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County) to Amsterdam Airport (AMS-Schiphol) with 408 flights every month
DL is the IATA code of Delta. This two-character code, sometimes also referred to as the airline designator, is assigned by the International Air Transport Association. It simplifies and standardizes timetables, telecommunications, tickets and more. Delta Post Booking Tips
How to I find my flight number?
- The number can be found in your travel itinerary, which will be sent to you upon confirmation of your booking. If you're not sure what to look out for, search for a code made up of numerals and letters. The first couple of letters and single digit are the IATA airline code, which indicates the name of your airline. This part is followed by one to four digits — your flight number.
How early can you check bags for a flight?
- If you're on an international flight, you can generally check your suitcase three hours before a flight. For domestic services, it's typically two hours. Why not remove some of the stress of traveling and get to the airport early? This way, you won't have to worry about missing the bag drop completely. It generally closes 45 minutes before domestic flights and one hour before an international one.