You're bound to have a good experience during your time at Cresson Area Heritage Park.
To reach it, you'll have to travel 95 miles (153 kilometers) from the state capital, Harrisburg, to Altoona.
It's better to research your accommodation before you head off, as there aren't any options in the vicinity of Cresson Area Heritage Park. The Omni Bedford Springs Resort is 35 miles (56 kilometers) away, the Holiday Inn Express State College at Williamsburg Square 45 miles (72 kilometers) and the White Hall Manor Bed & Breakfast 65 miles (105 kilometers).
Sit back, smell the coffee and meet some fellow travelers at Sheetz, which is just around the corner. If you'd like something a little more substantial, make your way to Vito's Restaurant & Pizzeria, another close-by establishment. Visitors looking for a nightcap can pull up a stool at Magoo's, also just a short walk away.
Other Things to Do Near Cresson Area Heritage Park
You've been traveling for quite some time, so we imagine Cresson Area Heritage Park is just the beginning. After you're done, be sure to experience what the rest of the area has to offer:
- Schedule a visit to Allegheny Portage Railroad National Historic Site and you'll really get a sense of the location's historical significance.
- Gallitzin Tunnels Park and Museum is a popular destination for many tourists and locals alike. Make sure to add it to your to-do list.
- No matter how many amusing activities you discover while you are in this community, a couple of hours spent at Saint Francis University will truly show you the character of the students here.
- History may not come alive in school rooms, but the exhibits at Portage Station Museum offer a meaningful experience for all patrons.
- Relish the zesty notes of this area at Woody Lodge Winery.