You and your friends will cherish spending time together at Woody Lodge Winery.
You can visit it in Altoona, which is 90 miles (145 kilometers) from the state capital, Harrisburg.
The area is a little bit secluded, so you can expect a bit of a drive when you want to reach your room. Many travelers have had good experiences with the Omni Bedford Springs Resort, the Holiday Inn Express State College at Williamsburg Square and the White Hall Manor Bed & Breakfast, 40 miles (64 kilometers), 40 miles (64 kilometers) and 70 miles (113 kilometers) away, respectively.
Find a seat at the bar at Woody Lodge Winery, LLC (1301 Colonel Drake Highway, Ashville), and sip a delicious beer or fancy cocktail. It's a short walk away, at just 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers).
Other Things to Do Near Woody Lodge Winery
Surely you're not planning to call it a day after Woody Lodge Winery? Give yourself some time to check out what else the wider region has in store:
- Give your kids the opportunity to learn all about the railway with an excursion to Gallitzin Tunnels Park and Museum.
- Visiting Saint Francis University will bring back memories of your university experiences and provide you with an opportunity to see modern student life.
- If it fits with your vacation, try to schedule a tour of the Penn State Altoona to get a taste of the enthusiasm within this area.
- The lovely shores of Glendale Lake are the perfect place to breathe in the fresh air and appreciate the wonders of nature.
- Schedule a visit to Allegheny Portage Railroad National Historic Site and you'll get a sense of the location's place in history.