Where to stay in Illinois: Best areas for travelers
- Chicago: There is so much to explore in this bustling destination — save your money and time by booking everything you need in one place. Start with choosing where you'll base yourself. There are lots of great hotels, including the Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago Theatre District, the Palmer House a Hilton Hotel and the Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown. Then, wander around interesting attractions like Wrigley Field. Millennium Park and Willis Tower are another two sights you shouldn't miss.
- Collinsville: If a comfortable room and a great night's sleep are important to you while on your getaway, you've got plenty of reputable hotels to choose from here. Take a look at the Americas Best Value Inn Collinsville St. Louis. The Drury Inn St. Louis Collinsville and the DoubleTree by Hilton Collinsville - St. Louis are also highly sought after by regular travelers. While you're here, you should include some captivating historical attractions in your travel itinerary, like Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site, Lincoln Douglas Square and Robert Wadlow Statue.
- Rockford: Everyone knows that surrounding yourself in nature is good for your body and soul. Luckily, there are loads of natural attractions to explore here, such as Anderson Japanese Gardens, Pearl Lake and Krape Park. Why not stay an extra night or two and visit Klehm Arboretum, Jane Addams Recreation Trail and Fisher Park too? Going with the right hotel will help make your vacation even more pleasant. Among the best places to stay are the Embassy Suites by Hilton Rockford Riverfront, the Riverview Inn & Suites, Ascend Hotel Collection and the Alpine Inn Rockford.
- Peoria: If it's your first time in Peoria and you need some advice on where to stay, the Mark Twain Hotel, the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette and the Four Points By Sheraton Peoria are fantastic choices. What's more, they're excellent bases from which to discover this destination's many sights. Par-A-Dice Casino, Peoria Riverfront Museum and Shoppes at Grand Prairie lure locals and visitors alike. Be sure to visit other attractions like Northwoods Mall, Spirit of Peoria and Louisville Slugger Sports Complex.
- Champaign: Do you like staying in the middle of the city but also desire access to nature too? Some of the places you should stop by during your trip here are West Side Park and Rockome Gardens. If you're yearning for more time out in nature, you won't want to miss Hessel Park, Kaufman Lake, Crystal Lake Park and AMBUCS Park either. All that sightseeing and running around will tire you out, so lay your head at someplace comfortable like the Hyatt Place Champaign-Urbana, the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Champaign Urbana/Campustown or the Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana.
Illinois flight + hotel packages
2021 Illinois vacations
Top Illinois hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Illinois
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Illinois?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Illinois?
Why should I book my Illinois vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Illinois car rental if I book it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Illinois?
Which airport is best for Illinois?
What is there to do in Illinois?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.