Breathing in the crisp, clean air at Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest is a great way to ease your harried nerves.
It's located in Cherokee, 300 miles (483 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Raleigh.
Within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest, there are 2 hotels for you to consider. See which catches your eye out of the Buffalo Creek Bed & Breakfast and Historic Tapoco Lodge .
Other Things to Do Near Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest
You are here to check out Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest, but you could be pleasantly surprised by what the rest of the area has available:
- Many tourists enjoy visiting Santeetlah Lake. Pack a lunch and simply relax by the water.
- If you're looking for someplace to keep the kids busy, check out Junaluska Museum.
- Fontana Village Resort Marina is a charming marina. Inquire for information on visiting if you'd like to enjoy some time there.
- Lovers of nature will enjoy a day trip to Baby Falls.
- The water plummeting over Bald River Falls is a dazzling natural wonder.