Where to stay in Kuala Lumpur: Best areas for travelers
- Golden Triangle: Full of character and charisma, this is a perfect match if you love being near the action. Choose a comfortable room at the Holiday Inn Express Kuala Lumpur City Centre, the Executive 3 BR Condo, Bukit Ceylon, Kuala Lumpur or the Promo Price! Stunning Luxury Apartment, Only a 3 min Walk to Klcc. Then, you'll be in a fabulous position to explore this neighborhood's major attractions, like Petronas Twin Towers and Petaling Street.
- Kuala Lumpur City Centre: Petronas Twin Towers is just one of the great attractions that entice visitors to this neighborhood. You'll find an assortment of quality hotels to select from here, including the Hotel Maya Kuala Lumpur, the W Kuala Lumpur and the Platinum Suites KLCC. Reserve your room in advance and be near all the action!
- Bukit Bintang: Good hotels such as the Nous Hotel, the D'or Hotel and the Travelodge Bukit Bintang are one reason to stay in this neighborhood. But Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, one of the neighborhood's most popular sights, is what really attracts the crowds. Base yourself here and find out what all the fuss is about.
- Petaling Jaya: If your goal is to cross off as many attractions as you can on your vacation, this neighborhood will be right up your alley. Make Sunway Pyramid Mall your first stop before heading on over to Sunway Lagoon Theme Park and 1 Utama. When your feet need a break, kick your shoes off and flop into a comfy bed at the O'Boutique Suites Hotel, the Sovotel Kelana Jaya 73 or the TheKatil Kelana jaya.
- Shah Alam: If you're a first-timer to this city, this neighborhood is a top choice. Not only are there plenty of great hotels to choose from, there are also big-name attractions like Shah Alam Blue Mosque to keep you busy. Explore all that this area has to offer from the comfort of the Hotel de Art Section 9, the OYO 530 DD Hotel or the Wadi Iman Guesthouse @ Sri Mahligai.
Top Kuala Lumpur hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur Vacations
Kuala Lumpur is Malaysia's global gargantuan. It's a prime example of modern sprawl – but mainly the plus sides. KL, as locals know it, is noted for an abundance of excellent amenities at economical prices. This information-age city mixes traditional mosques and Malay pride with commercial wonders and a boundary-pushing digital economy, making it no doubt one of Asia's most intriguing places. Major Attractions
No vacation in Kuala Lumpur is complete without a trip to the city's downtown and old town, but in this case, they're not one in the same. Because of the Malaysian capital's signature sprawl, car rentals in Kuala Lumpur are recommended for those interested in Kuala Lumpur vacation packages. Avid museum goers and art enthusiasts shouldn't miss the National Museum, Islamic Arts Museum, and Bank Negara Malaysia Museum and Art Gallery. Head to the top of KL Tower for an unbeatable view of the city from one of its most celebrated skyscrapers. Recurring Events and Festivals
There are a number of annual events that made Kuala Lumpur an even more vibrant and lively place at certain times of the year. Don't miss the Putrajaya International Hot Air Balloon Festival, and music lovers should be sure to catch the KL International Jazz Fest. Those looking for insights into the area's religion and culture should vacation in Kuala Lumpur during the Ghost Festival in August or Wesak Day on the first full moon in May, where the latter is characterized by incense, flowers, and chanting. The Colors of Malaysia festival also showcases the country's culture, crafts, and arts in May and Floria, the Night Floral Parade, brings the best of Malaysian horticulture to bloom each June or July.
Does Kuala Lumpur sound captivating? Browse Kuala Lumpur packages and hotels in Kuala Lumpur on Travelocity, and save up to $537 when you book a flight and hotel at the same time!
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Kuala Lumpur?
How long should my Kuala Lumpur vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Kuala Lumpur?
Why should I book my Kuala Lumpur vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Kuala Lumpur car rental if I bundle it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Kuala Lumpur?
Which airport is best for Kuala Lumpur?
What is there to do in Kuala Lumpur?
Where should I stay when visiting Kuala Lumpur?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.