Where to stay in Shanghai: Best areas for travelers
- Pudong: This is the perfect spot for sightseeing, with major attractions like Oriental Pearl Tower and Jin Mao Tower located here. When you've finished exploring, get some shut-eye at the Vienna Hotel - Shanghai PVG Nanzhu Road, the Magnolia Hotel Pudong Airport Store or the YuJieLong Home.
- Downtown Shanghai: The Bund is only one of the top sights that entice visitors to this area. You'll find a range of comfy hotels to select from here, such as the Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund, the Shanghai Baron Business Hotel and the Home Inn Bund Center. Lock in your room well in advance and be close to the action!
- Huangpu: This is where you'll find People's Square. If you want to see what the fuss is all about, why not stay for a while in this popular part of town? The Mercure Shanghai Yu Garden, the Mercure Shanghai Yu Garden and the Home Inn will have a comfortable bed waiting for you.
- Xuhui: Spend your nights at the Mercure Shanghai Xujiahui South (Opening September 2019) and your days checking out this neighborhood's vibrant arts scene. Not too sure where to start? Shanghai Sculpture Space and Leo Gallery should be on your to-do list. If you'd like some more hotel options to choose from, take a look at the Jinjiang Inn Shanghai Longcao Road and the Han Ting Business Ever Bright.
- Minhang: When you're done with concrete and buildings, head here and check out Xinzhuang Park and Xincheng Central Park. They're wonderful places to reconnect with nature. Hotels in this area include the Chateau Star River Hotel Shanghai, the New Century Manju Hotel Wanda Plaza Minhang and the Hanting Hotel.
Top Shanghai hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Shanghai
With a bustling population, rich history, and city living at its finest, Shanghai, China offers visitors the perfect blend of old and new. From ancient recreated temples to the popular Bund on the Huangpu River, this eastern metropolis is sure to delight travelers of all ages. Best yet? Travelocity can help you choose from a number of attractive flight and hotel packages and all-inclusive bundles to get your Chinese vacation started off on the right foot.
Old Meets New
The Pearl Tower is the most eye-catching feature of the Shanghai skyline, and for good reason. Standing over 1,500 feet tall and boasting high-speed elevators and an indoor roller coaster, it's a must-see for families and thrill seekers alike. Visitors in Shanghai hotels also enjoy walking along The Bund, a waterfront area with tons of shopping, restaurants, and landmarks. Finally, Shanghai vacations aren't complete without a visit to the Yuyuan Garden, a restored 16th-century city that features majestic temples and a taste of ancient China.
Ring in the New Year!
Shanghai offers visitors a plethora of great seasonal festivals. If you're spending the holidays in Shanghai, don't miss their celebration of Chinese New Year in January or February, in which celebrators ring a bell at Longhua Park (108 times will bring good luck). This locale also boasts the festive Longhua Temple Fair in March, where guests can celebrate the coming of spring and enjoy the beautiful peach blossoms. Shanghai is a busy metropolis with several unique and historical attractions to visit on your eastern journey.
Search over 400 airlines and more than 510,000 hotels worldwide on Travelocity for Shanghai package deals to get you on your way to this festive city. With great hotel and airline deals, and an impressive selection of Shanghai rental cars from which to choose, Travelocity has your overseas vacation covered.
Tours and Activities in Shanghai
Every now and then, getaway experiences can be so marvelous that they utterly blow us away. They become cherished moments to chat about for a long time to come. Are you all set to create some outstanding new memories?
There are so many activities to try out in Shanghai. Here are our top picks:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Shanghai?
How long should my Shanghai vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Shanghai?
Why should I book my Shanghai vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Can I save on my Shanghai car rental if I bundle it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Shanghai?
Which airport is best for Shanghai?
What is there to do in Shanghai?
Where should I stay when visiting Shanghai?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.