Where to stay in Hanoi: Best areas for travelers
- Hoan Kiem: If you're contemplating staying in this area, we recommend the Hoan Kiem Lake Hotel, the Apricot Hotel and the Anatole Hotel Hanoi. And if you're up for some sightseeing, pay a visit to Hoan Kiem Lake. It's a major reason so many people come here.
- Old Quarter: Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre is just one of the cool sights that attract travelers to this neighborhood. You'll find a variety of comfy hotels to take your pick of here, such as the Lakeside Palace Hotel, the Heart Hotel and the Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai. Secure your room in advance and be close to the action!
- Ba Dinh: With exciting attractions and plenty of hotels, this neighborhood has all you need for a great escape. Take in Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and sleep soundly afterward at the Hanoi Delight Hotel, the A25 Hotel Doi Can or the Kuretake Inn Kim Ma 132.
- Hang Bac: This place has it all — an exciting atmosphere, a good variety of hotels and fantastic attractions, such as Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre. Explore what this neighborhood has to offer before relaxing in comfort at the O'Gallery Classy Hotel & Spa, the Essence Palace Hotel & Spa or the Trang Trang Premium Hotel.
- Cau Giay: This place is jampacked with wonderful things to see and do. For starters, pay a visit to Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, Indochina Plaza Ha Noi and Museum of Ethnology. Want to take your time seeing the sights? Stay in the area at the Thu Giang Hotel, the 7S Hotel Home Cau Giay or the Nature Hotel.
Top Hanoi hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Hanoi
Say hello to breathtaking Hanoi, an ancient and gorgeous city in Vietnam that is commonly referred to as the "Paris of Asia." Boasting a rich and varied culture, magnificent landmarks, and a vast array of entertainment, this bustling metropolis is the perfect exotic getaway. Search Travelocity for Hanoi vacation packages to get started on the adventure of a lifetime.
Booking Hanoi rental cars is a great option for travel in Hanoi, as it makes it easy to get to all the must-see spots in the city. You'll want to be sure to browse around the Old Quarter, a lively area that will make you feel like you're truly in another world as you shop local artisans and sample traditional cuisine. Learn more about the incredible Vietnamese culture by taking a trip to the National Museum of Vietnamese History, where you'll see thousands of artifacts chronicling the rich history of this country. If you need to take a break from the excitement of the city, stop by the peaceful Lake of the Restored Sword and admire the still waters and lovely trees and greenery. A Hanoi vacation is sure to be an unforgettable adventure with all of these amazing sights and more.
Recurring Festivals and Events
Vietnam's complex and storied culture means that festivals and events are plentiful. Early in the year you can see the Lim Festival just outside of Hanoi, which features traditional Quan Ho singing, games, crafts, and processions. Springtime in Hanoi is the setting for the Giong Festival, a religious celebration that features plays, traditional games, dancing, and music. Truly immerse yourself in this utterly unique culture by visiting one of the many traditional events of Hanoi.
Your Vietnam getaway is just a click away with Travelocity, where you can find great Hanoi package deals that are both convenient and affordable. Search hotels in Hanoi to get started, and save even more on your trip by downloading Travelocity's mobile app to receive exclusive deals. Start planning today for the unforgettable vacation you've always dreamed of!
Tours and Activities in Hanoi
Travel is the best teacher there is. Not only does it give us an insight into the world and ourselves, it can help us to create new friendships and learn from others' experiences. Ready to head off to your next memorable lesson?
There are so many fun adventures to test out in Hanoi. Here are our top recommendations:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Hanoi?
How long should my Hanoi vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Hanoi?
Why should I book my Hanoi vacation package with Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Hanoi car rental if I combine it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Hanoi?
Which airport is best for Hanoi?
What is there to do in Hanoi?
Where should I stay when visiting Hanoi?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.