Discover the wonders of the animal kingdom at Lake Superior Zoo, the perfect family day out.
It is situated in Duluth, approximately 130 miles (209 kilometers) from the state capital, St. Paul.
There are 2 hotels close by, so it's a good idea to book ahead. The Allyndale Motel and The Willard Munger Inn are within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Lake Superior Zoo.
Modest but comfortable rooms at bargain prices. That's what you'll experience when you make a reservation at one of the low-cost hotels in the area. You can make inquiries at the Comfort Inn West and the Econo Lodge Near Miller Hill Mall.
When it's time for dinner, head to Tappa Keg Inn (7036 Grand Avenue, Duluth) for a satisfying bite to eat. It's only 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) from Lake Superior Zoo!
Other Things to Do Near Lake Superior Zoo
You can maximize your time away by sampling the region's other attractions after you're finished with Lake Superior Zoo:
- Make your way back through previous eras when you take a ride on Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad Historic Train Ride.
- Get in on the wonderful natural beauty that awaits at Western Waterfront Trail. This trail is very popular among tourists and locals alike.
- Thompson Hill Information Center can provide you with the information you will need to ensure you make the most of your visit.
- Lose yourself in therapeutic noise of running water at Manitou.
- Feel the cold air against your face as you glide down the slopes of Spirit Mountain.