Find & compare pet-friendly hotels in Duluth, MN from $54
Top Duluth Pet Friendly Hotels
Duluth Pet Friendly Hotel Guide
Birds greet the dawn as the sun bleeds across the sky. Gentle waves rock your rowboat and you get lost in appreciation of your majestic surroundings. A tug on your line jolts you back into the moment and you instinctively start reeling. Whatever’s caught hold of that hook is fighting hard, and you don’t blame it. If you had it your way, you’d stay here on Lake Superior forever. But you’re just in town on vacation, so you’re going to make the most of it by experiencing everything the Greatest Lake has to offer. And who’s here to witness it? Man’s best friend, that’s who. By booking a stay at one of the dog-friendly hotels in Duluth, MN, you’re able to bring Fido fishing with you, and experience everything else this area has to offer.
But before you start packing your tackle box, you might have some questions about things to do in Duluth:
Where can I go fishing in the Great Lakes when I visit Duluth with my dog?
There are tons of great spots on Lake Superior to take your dog fishing during your time in Duluth. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Arrowhead Pier in Superior: This lengthy pier, which is a great place to catch walleyes, represents the remnants of Arrowhead Bridge, which once joined West Duluth with Superior.
- Barker’s Island in Superior: Among the island’s most visited spots to drop a line, it’s also home to a whaleback ship you pass on your way here and at the end of the harbor’s long dock.
- Billings Drive Boat Launch in Superior: Make your way through Billings Park in Superior West to find this popular place for pike and panfish.
- Boy Scout Landing in Gary New Duluth: You and Spot can catch crappies, sunnies, and walleyes at this anglers’ hangout on the outskirts of Gary.
- Indian Point in West Duluth: Located right on the St. Louis River, this campground area is known for great fishing among other outdoor activities.
Are there any waterfalls near Duluth that I can visit with my dog?
There are a number of amazing waterfalls in and around Duluth and the North Shore of Lake Superior. If you’re on the hunt for these breathtaking phenomena, here are a few of the area’s most popular spots and their distances from Duluth:
- Lester River (5 mi.): The nearest waterfall to downtown Duluth, this beauty is visible from the Superior Street Bridge, but you can get closer by taking the trail on the river’s east side.
- Gooseberry River (40 mi.): Several waterfalls spawn from this river, but the Middle Falls are considered by many to be the most picturesque.
- Split River Rock (44 mi.): In order to see this stunning spot, you’ll have to complete a 5-mile trek along the nearby cliffs, which is well worth the trip.
Don’t mind traveling a bit farther? Check out these falls outside of Duluth for a nice day trip:
- Beaver Falls (51 mi.)
- Brule River (124 mi.)
- Cascades (100 mi.)
- Cross River (79 mi.)
- High Falls / Two-Step Falls (58.5 mi.)
- Kakabeka Falls (190 mi.)
- Stair Step Falls (87 mi.)
- Temperance River Falls (80 mi.)
- The Pigeon River (150 mi.)
Travelocity makes it easy for you to have an incredible and affordable stay at any of the pet-friendly hotels in Duluth, MN. Whether you prefer the amenities offered at the Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview or at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, our intuitive tools can help you find Duluth pet-friendly hotels in minutes. Book your room today, and you could be catching the big one tomorrow.